JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are lots of companies that little better than Colt. KAC, BCM, Spike Tactical, Noveske and some.

I am not saying they are bad, People say Colt is not what they use to be. Who knows, I never had one.

I feel it necessary to mention that anyone new to ARs/M4-clones should get someone to school them on clearing/disassembly/reassembly/and function checks.

My concern is that someone unfamiliar with the platform my reassemble theirs without putting in the cam pin - could cause a blown weapon and injuries.

This is not unknown in the military: There is a reason for new Soldiers and Marines to learn first how they work in a classroom before ever putting rounds through them.

I have a neighbor, very experienced with firearms, but unfamiliar with the AR-clone he bought, who had his blow up the first time he fired it. Missing cam pin is the first item I would check. (I had intended to go shooting with him, but was unavailable.)

I don't mean to scare anyone, only to warn that the "Evil Black Gun" is a little more complex than grandpa's single-shot bolt-action .22.

Cheers!

Your Colt is a Model AR6721 and is part of the Colt Law Enforcement line of carbines. According to the info on the Colt LE website, it is designed to handle 5.56 ammo. Why the lower receiver is marked with .223 and not 5.56,I haven't a clue. My LE6920 is part of the same line of tactical carbines and it's stamped 5.56. Anyway,you got yourself a quality rifle.YouTube has plenty of videos on maintenance,disassembly,reassembly,etc. Oh,by the way,Colt is not what they used to be. They are better than they used to be!!!

The marking on the barrel is what matters. I've seen a lot of AR-15s with ".223" marked on the lower receiver. The barrel should be marked 5.56x45NATO though. I don't think Colt has ever made anything with a .223 chamber.

There are lots of companies that little better than Colt. KAC, BCM, Spike Tactical, Noveske and some.

I am not saying they are bad, People say Colt is not what they use to be. Who knows, I never had one.

Debatable. I don't think it's all that fair to compare Colt with Noveske or KAC either as those are smaller pseudo-custom shops, not mass manufacturers. Yes they are incredibly nice but the price reflects that. :)

Places like BCM or Daniel Defense are more comparable. I don't know if I'd say better than Colt, though they do offer a lot more options for how you want your rifle configured. If you just want a stock M4 though, all three are pretty equivalent and Colt holds more collector value should you want to re-sell it later.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top