JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm hitting a wall with my budget on my first AR build and need to save a couple bucks (that, and the G&R LPKs are out of stock till the end of the month).

I have three options that seem to be in stock right now:

From what I've read, it seems DPMS has a pretty abysmal reputation, at least in the 5.56 realm, and CMMG is hit and miss. Can't find too much about JP Enterprises, however.

Any of these clearly the better choice?

Eh? This is right in my breadbasket as I'm in a group buy on some good lowers on the NES forum, DPMS has always been well regarded for quality.

Who is poo-poo'ing them now? nutnfancy doesn't count, btw.

ETA - I'm leaning towards DPMS from Midway, myself.

I have heard of a bad reputation of DPMS parts in the past. But I have put together several lowers using DPMS parts with no issues. Rock River has a good reputation among
the people I know. I have 2 Rock River lowers and they seem to fit tighter on all my uppers than any of the other lowers I own. In my experience Rock River is top quality.
Check out the prices on PK firearms. PK Firearms | Online Store Olympic Arms is the only one I have bad experience with.

I've used DPMS lpk on lowers that I've assembled and I haven't had any problems with them. They are cheap, and the triggers suck, but they work without problems. You can get a decent trigger pull out of them if you know how to use a dremel.

PSA has Lower builders kits for a decent price, $109.99 for complete lLPK plus Mill spec buffer assy and adjustable stock.. A Month ago they were $75, I had mine to my door for $86 after shipping..

Then why the variance in opinions on the user end, Nwcid?

That I can not answer. The simple answer is that like most products many parts are outsourced. There are a few different makers. Each company may spec things differently or QC them differently. Of course then there is always a "mine says XXX" so it has to be better because I paid more syndrome.

Again I am talking about "stock" parts not custom stuff.

Look at your car. Is every part in it actually made by Chevy? Many parts are made by outside companies that build parts to spec for them Ford, Dodge, ect.

Ended up going with the JP Enterprises one. I've got a Gieselle SSA trigger on the way, so just needed the other assorted parts.

Heard decent stuff about PSA, but apparently their shipping times take forever. Called up Joe Bob Outfitters and was told that my order could make it in by Friday. Heard good things about JP when I asked this question in other forums, and that was that.

Should have all my parts in by this weekend, and I'm stoked. Now I just need to find somebody witht he AR tools I could borrow for a few hours.

As said what the company ordering the parts specs has a major part in final price, and what you get. Do research to find out who makes their own stuff, and who sources and from where.
Why the differences: DPMS orders say 5K LPK's at a time, without knowing their specs/requirements assume that a percentage will fall on the low side of the scale, some on the high side, and a majority around the middle.
If you buy an LPK without a trigger there's really not much there that can cause you issues.

That I can not answer. The simple answer is that like most products many parts are outsourced. There are a few different makers. Each company may spec things differently or QC them differently. Of course then there is always a "mine says XXX" so it has to be better because I paid more syndrome.

Look at your car. Is every part in it actually made by Chevy? Many parts are made by outside companies that build parts to spec for them Ford, Dodge, ect.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top