JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
being a retired GI, left handed, I would have loved a left handed AR during active duty. I still have a circular scar on my face from a hot piece of brass.... This was pre-bump days, when we had to use the plastic brass deflector. Needless to say, it didn't always work.

I've never owned a dedicated left handed firearm, and am hoping that one day, when I sell the kids off for medical experiments (10 points for knowing the movie reference) I'm going to get a Savage or Remington left handed .308....one day....one day

I never understood the whole left hand shooting stance o_O military tried to tell me to use my dominant hand on the trigger.
Now I'm a lefty but I support the barrel with my left. works for me. got my marksman medal to prove it.

why would you want your least stable arm up front? that's where all the work is done.

I never understood the whole left hand shooting stance o_O military tried to tell me to use my dominant hand on the trigger.
Now I'm a lefty but I support the barrel with my left. works for me. got my marksman medal to prove it.

why would you want your least stable arm up front? that's where all the work is done.

you're obviously cross-dominant, meaning your dominant EYE is your right. this is actually the way you SHOULD shoot, though it hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread. when i was in, we had several right-handed guys who shot left-handed, as they were cross-dominant, and likewise had lefties who shot righty for the same reason.

you must use your dominant eye, if you want to be an even remotely decent marksman.

Ok I'm new here but I will put my 2 cents of advice in. I am a lefty but can shoot ambi. I don't like to but I can.
Been in military for 5 years, have both LH and RH AR's in m4 config. I have to say since service I have successfully converted to a RH weapon.it's not fun but it's the job and the tool you are issued. If your son plans on going into service he may as well get used to RH ejection and CLP getting in his eyes. In a firefight it sucks but ur adrenaline is rushing so fast you don't really pay much attention. I just recently acquired a lefty, shot it once and loved the fact that no clp or hot casings getting in way. What I don't like is that functions on lower are not lefty other than safety, so all prior training and muscle memory in that aspect is out the window. Have decided to sell lefty. Hope this helps. If son is going into service then rity it is, better learn now than later, if not then there's no question lefty is way more enjoyable. Hope this helps hooaahh!

no dominant eye. same for each eye every check up.

eye exams don't tell you about eye-dominance. you see equally well from both eyes- but since your eyes are binary, the brain gives a bias to input from one eye. you lead with this eye, though you dont realize it. and it's consistent. every living creature with binary vision has a dominant eye, as far as i know.

here's the test- cut a 1" hole in a piece of paper, or make a 1" hole with your hands. hold the hole at arms length from your face, and focus on something in the distance through the hole. now, while maintaining sight of the thing you're focusing on, bring the hole all the way to your face. whichever eye you bring the hole to is your dominant eye- the eye your brain gives preference to. this is the eye you'll shoot best with.

all you need is a dpms south paw bolt and receiver swop them out on what you got ad a ambi selector if you wish and your good to go.

my southpaw mutt i built before stag came out with a true flat top lefty rifle . i took a dpms A2 cut the handle off and used a extended swan sleve as a optics rail rather than using a the dpms left handed flat top which i did not care much for but i also owned one of them as well that has seen over 3000 rds

View attachment 190911

I met a lefty that was almost blinded when he had a malfunction in his right handed ar15 that caused sharp metal case pieces to strike his face leaving a nice burn and scratches on his face and safety goggles good thing he was wearing safety goggles so when i hear right handed people say just learn to use a right handed rifle i say go fly a kite with a hole in it and don't give me the SHTF scenario of not being able to find replacement parts its not like you can run down to 711 and pick up a ar15 bolt in the SHTF scenario anyway.

get a DPMS southpaw bolt and receiver if you want to use the parts you have or
a complete Stag upper or rifle

the DPMS south paw bolt and receiver will work with right handed parts.

the stage needs a left hand bolt, carrier, receiver, and barrel extension .

I'm the dad that Mr. Nice Guy was speaking of , and if shooting a right hand ejection AR doesn't bother you when you are shooting left handed - then bully for you !
My Stag lefty AR is more fun for me to shoot than the righty , so that is exactly what I'm going to do , I own standard right handed rifles , have shot them all my life, but I see no reason not to get the full measure of enjoyment out of my shooting . I shoot rifles seldom enough and if it brings me more pleasure - then bully for me ! If the SHTF , and all is lost , then my fat , tired, old butt will wear out long before my Ar .

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top