JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't have a lot of experience with these types of triggers, but I've tried out three different ones in the last month and two of them have had major issues with the disconnector getting stuck on the hammer sear and not letting go unless I force the trigger forward or flip the safety on. A drop of lube also solves the problem, but that's just a band-aid and I shouldn't have to do that. I've seen videos where guys will file down the hammer sear and disconnector to smooth it out if there's a burr, but that hasn't worked for me and I'm just looking for answers on whether this is a common problem with drop-in triggers or if I've just had bad luck.

1st trigger: Rise Armament RA-140 Super Sporting Trigger: (Zero problems)
2nd trigger: PSA Custom AR 3.5 LBS: (Major problems)
3rd trigger: CMC AR-15 Tactical FLAT 3.5lb Single Stage Drop-In Trigger: (Major problems)

CMC is the "original" drop in trigger since 2003 and they have a good reputation as far as I know. What do you recommend?
Not using cassette triggers and sticking with Geissele SSA & SSA-E or Smidt double stage trigger like those from Centurion Arms, LaRue or SIONICS and improved single stage milspec triggers such BCM PNT, ALG ACT or SIONICS EMT.

My sample size of cassette triggers is 1. The bolt action AR upper I purchase came with the Rise Armament 140 and they specified my favorite trigger (LaRue MBT) as not being compatiable with the upper assembly. So while this is an apples to orange comparision the Rise Armament has work well in my rifle.

What specific lower are you using. Also, check that your grip screw isn't too long.
+1 to this. Unless you're installing the triggers in some new special (read: retarded) way, the problem is highly non-probable that you purchased a series of defective triggers and have something else at play here.

+1 to this. Unless you're installing the triggers in some new special (read: retarded) way, the problem is highly non-probable that you purchased a series of defective triggers and have something else at play here.
It's a PSA lower and standard magpul grip screw. Installation was very simple, I know I didn't do anything wrong. The Rise trigger I have is in a different lower and that hasn't had any problems. I'll remove it and drop it into the PSA lower and report back. Science.

I've had trouble with all of them in different lowers from PSA to Colt. Timney, Rise, CMC triggers.

The Timney rep gave me a trouble shooting tip. He told me to charge the rifle while holding the trigger back (prevent reset). Not sure what this does, but I did this a few times and it seemed to help. Over time I haven't had any more problems, at least w/ the Timney.

But yeah the "cassette" thing is probably not the best option for triggers... I actually put the USGI trigger back into one of my guns recently. Not messing with that BS anymore.

I had a problem with one of mine and had to stone the hammer/sear surfaces. It worked fine afterwards. You may want to check and see if you are getting a hangup there.
26FF2FB2-7040-404D-B610-CFD57C6AAE2A.jpeg

I had a problem with one of mine and had to stone the hammer/sear surfaces. It worked fine afterwards. You may want to check and see if you are getting a hangup there.
View attachment 1193264
I must've gotten the terminology wrong. The hang up is happening where the disconnector meets the hammer "hook"

I tried filing and sanding on the PSA trigger and that didn't help at all. Didn't bother doing the same with the CMC trigger. Their customer service is awesome by the way. Lifetime warranty and they're sending me a new one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top