JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
What style of motorcycle are you looking for?

I'm open to quite a few things. I just got my endorsement, and this'll be my first motorcycle. With a bigger budget, I'm almost certain I'd get a Suzuki SV650... Still might find a great deal on one, but the $2k or so I'm limited to makes that unlikely. I'm a little leery of sportbikes due to my lack of experience, but I could deal with the right 600 on the right day - for the right price. I love the look of 70's bikes, and I'd be delighted to wind up with a clean CB 550 or 750 or the equivalent from another manufacturer. I'd be especially happy with an XS 650. I'd be less delighted with an 80's version of any of those, but would go for the right one.

Not looking so much for anything that's a cruiser or has styling inspired by one - but wouldn't completely rule the right one out. If I had to sum it up, I'd say I'm looking for either a "poor man's sport tourer" or a "poor man's cafe racer." Edit: or a KLR 650, the "poor man's adventure tourer...."

At the end of the day, I'll consider any bike that's suitable for a beginner, reliable, big enough for a 250 lb. guy, and will zip me around Oregon w/o complaining.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.