JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought one and hung it in the den, thought it was kinda cool, sure sends a message (if not appropriate here, sorry and please delete.)

http://www.gadsdenandculpeper.com/ar15coandtai.html

dddgyc.jpg

I love the flag, the only thing I concern is that they only have 1 star. Make this like a communist country (vietnam, china). It would be nice to have 50 tiny stars on it :) Just my thought

I love the flag, the only thing I concern is that they only have 1 star. Make this like a communist country (vietnam, china). It would be nice to have 50 tiny stars on it :) Just my thought

It's a variation of the Gonzales Flag....

Gonzales Flag

In late September, 1835, Colonel Ugartechea, the commander of the Mexican garrison at San Antonio, sent a few men to Gonzales to recover a cannon that had been loaned to the town to fight off occasional Indian attacks. The citizens of Gonzales realized that the intent of the move was to disarm possible rebels, and so the request was denied.

Ugartechea then sent dragoons under Captain Francisco Castaneda to demand the cannon unconditionally. As word of the conflict spread, the Texan force grew to over 200 armed men and the town was fortified. The cannon was mounted on a wagon, and blacksmiths hammered iron scrap and chains inth the cannonballs.

Two ladies of the town, Cynthia Burns and Evaline DeWitt, painted a flag on cotton cloth, depicting the cannon, the lone star of Texas and a clear challenge to the enemy.

The Mexican troops moved north to ford the river and approach Gonzales. The Texans decided that they had to attack before Mexican reinforcements arrived. They crossed the river at dusk, formed their battle lines at night and surprised the Mexicans at dawn on October 2nd.

The battle that followed was brief; when the Texans opened fire, the Mexicans withdrew, abandoning their supplies. Stephen F. Austin joined the army as commander on October 10th, and the other Texans, under the command of James Collingsworth, took the Goliad the next day. On October 12th, the march on San Antonio began.
<broken link removed>

I like this flag, but it kind of reminds me of that saying that gun-owners often use: "They'll get my guns when they pry them from my cold, dead fingers!" Well, believe me; there are those in government who are thirsting to do JUST THAT! A low profile is preferred.

Unfortunately a low profile does nothing but allow it to happen. I guess I kind of see it like alot of laws. You go long enough keeping a "low profile" and the wonderful .gov attempts to push it lower.

I occasionally see a bumper sticker that says (paraphrased) 'well behaved women seldom make history.' I believe the same sentiment is true for patriots. Those who are comfortable with following unconstitutional laws will never help to change them.

Another quote, this time from Edward Abbey: "Freedom begins between the ears."

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR