JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am brand new to things AR. I like to study and love good pictures and illustrations. Seems like, as with all things AR related, there are a LOT of choices in manuals or "How To" books. In my book (no pun intended) a picture truly is worth a 1000 words. My intentions are to build a couple of Frankenrifles so I can learn and understand about this firearm. I am not interested in buying a complete AR. I want to know how this weapon system works and for me the best way is trial and error with hands on.

Any 'buy' or 'don't buy' recommendations of a single illustrated manual or book on the AR-15? What's the best one to cover custom home-build guns? I really appreciate the input. Thanks

Good to look at some of the <broken link removed> from AR15.com, Brownell’s and the like. (the AR15.com DIY forums are a good place to start. Depending on the state of your trigger parts and lower, you’ll also want to acquaint yourself with the Dummies assembly outline guide on ar15.com, esp the tools list.)

I have already looked at the guides at AR15.com and I appreciate everyones input so far but............i DO need a book. I have extreme difficulty reading things not printed on paper; like on my computer screen. Always have had. Short 3-4 paragraph essays/articles, forum threads etc. are ok online but I don't have whatever it takes to read much online. I would be totally screwed if I were in college these days.

When I first got into the AR game I just printed the picture tutorial off AR15.com and went step by step.
There are very few "wrong" parts you can put into the.ar platform that will effect its function. I've used scrap and bottom barrel parts on some builds and they run like clockwork. As always I'll put my .02¢ in and say.don't get too caught up in the brand name hype market and over pay for anything.

I understand. You can have the best of both worlds: print out Jordan Edgar's AR-15 Builder's Resource Guide: http://www.gunsnet.net/manuals/BUILDERS_GUIDE.pdf

Thanks! I can print it out. My inability to read on the computer is a physical one. It's due to my brain being unable to deal with the constant refreshing of the screen and the other electronic "buzzing" of the equipment. I need a printed page and your suggestion looks like a good one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top