JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all-
I am in the process of building my first AR. I started with the Cav-Arms Mk-2 lower.

I just got an upper in (a cheap gunbroker 16" upper, no idea of the brand), which came with a bolt and charging handle.

However, When I assemble it, the bolt doesn't go back all the way! It only moves about 3 inches or so, not enough to even clear the chamber.

When I pulled the upper and lower apart, I found that the buffer doesn't seem to go deep enough into the stock. What length is this buffer supposed to be? The one I have, is nearly 6" long, and even without the spring, doesn't seem to go back all the way.

I got the buffer from the previous owner of the lower, but I don't know if you can buy these in different lengths.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: After doing some additional research, it turns out the person I bought the lower from, included the wrong buffer/spring. Thanks for your time...

Last Edited:
Hi all-
I am in the process of building my first AR. I started with the Cav-Arms Mk-2 lower.

I just got an upper in (a cheap gunbroker 16" upper, no idea of the brand), which came with a bolt and charging handle.

However, When I assemble it, the bolt doesn't go back all the way! It only moves about 3 inches or so, not enough to even clear the chamber.

When I pulled the upper and lower apart, I found that the buffer doesn't seem to go deep enough into the stock. What length is this buffer supposed to be? The one I have, is nearly 6" long, and even without the spring, doesn't seem to go back all the way.

I got the buffer from the previous owner of the lower, but I don't know if you can buy these in different lengths.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: After doing some additional research, it turns out the person I bought the lower from, included the wrong buffer/spring. Thanks for your time...

That's correct. Even though it's an A1 length stock, it uses a carbine buffer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top