Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ar 15 bayonet

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories Wanted' started by GUNNY, Mar 26, 2010.

1. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

Anyone have a bayonet for an ar 15.

2. g.i. joe

g.i. joe Portland Active Member

I do not, but I borrowed a friends M9 to see if it would fit my bushy m4. It does not fit. For some reason the gas block/lug is positioned to far aft of the flash hider. The bayonet locks onto the lug, but the large hole in the hilt of the blade is over the barrel instead of the flash hider. Anyway, something to look out for. If you get your hands on one, it may not work.

3. gunhummer

gunhummer Columbia Gorge Member

Try contacting Ammo Can Sales. I'm not sure if he has M9s but I think he might have M7

4. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

:nuts:Get a real rifle that was meant to handle a bayonet....like an AK!

5. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

I have a 'like new' US M8A1 that will work. Comes with scabbard. Fits my AR's and my Mossy 590 Tactical ... :) ... LMK

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  6. HUAC

HUAC pnw Member

The M8A1 is a scabbard designed to hold a few different bayonets. The ar bayonet that fits the M8A1 scabbard is the M7. Reproductions of the M7 are cheap, original M7s w/scabbard in good condition can easily cost $40-$50 on up (colts fetching $100+). The modern bayonet for the ar is the M9 and M10 with a new redesigned multipurpose scabbard. These typically run around the $100 mark.

these are just personal observations and maybe (most likely) incomplete.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  7. GUNNY

I got my bayonet from smith and wesson it's an m9 thanks for the help guys. Oh and pogi my ar is superior to an ak. Lol you basterd you know how to push my button.lol

8. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

You mean the AR that kept jamming and that you threatened to sell because she was a little crabby biatch?

:buttrock:

9. GUNNY

I DID THAT TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOU'RE AK. I'M GONA SHOW YOU A REAL TORTURE TEST THIS SUNDAY, THATS IF YOU'RE TO SCARED TO SHOW.:pound: