JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It depends what your intended usage is. In a combat rifle I want a heavier trigger with crisp break. In a precision trigger I want to breath on it for it to go boom. However, I feel those types of triggers belong on precision bolt actions and not semiautos.

Being a cheap bastard myself I haven't explored the high-end triggers. I have found the LaRue MBT-2 at about $80, the Ruger 452 at about $110, and the Rise Armament Rave 140 at about $125 to all be very fine triggers.

Geissele, this particular one is in my MK18 MOD0

Cannot go wrong with this one either

And if you are on a budget; this is actually a pretty good and clean breaking mill spec trigger

Hope this helps out..

Last Edited:
Triggers are always my first upgrade in an AR platform. Both are combat worthy and both are exceptional. Lots of great triggers out there, but this is what I use

ALG ACT (Advanced Combat Triggers) in my AR-15's - very nicely improved GI trigger by Mrs. Geissele. Crisper than any stock bolt action trigger I have used. Has the proper pull for a stressful self defense situation.

Geissele SSA-E in my AR 308 - fanfreakigntastic 2 stage trigger. Can be used like a one or two stage trigger depending on the situation.

I want a better Mil Spec trigger in my fightin rifles, so it's CMMG "Tuned" which are hand fitted and stoned for ultra smoot breaks, and the springs are a super improvement over anything factory, mine all seem to break at around 3.5 pounds and are as smooth as your fancy high end units! Last I checked they were $60.00

To me it is like asking what's the best food. It's all a matter of taste.
Any of the major trigger manufacturers are making great products. I guess it depends on whether you prefer the taste of steak, chicken, or celery.

Trigger Tech and Elftmann both make top shelf drop in triggers. Use and would highly recommend both. Same price range as a Geissele. Have and use Geissele but now prefer one of the aforementioned drop in triggers.

Geissele SSA-E in my AR 308
Same
on AR15's, LaRue, CMC and Rise. All work well. Prefer LaRue and Geissele.

guess it depends on whether you prefer the taste of steak, chicken, or celery.
What, no hossenfeffer?

1631822265863.png

I like the POF 4lb single stage and MBT for 2 stage. Never tried Geissele. I don't know how close the cheaper copies are. The PSA cassette 3.5lb and 2 stage are OK. Probably not for competition.

Aftermarket AR15 trigger > standard AR15 trigger

Just about any one of them is vastly better than the basic one that came with the gun or build kit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top