JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thing I learned about asking/searching for the 'best' is you get 1000 responses and 1100 different products ☹️. Best is so subjective it's impossible to have a definitive answer.
So here's the 1001 response 😀. My favorite has become the Elftman SE and the Hyperfire.
The Elftman SE is a fixed 3.5lb trigger with very little take up and reset. I have a couple of the Elftman Match, but found I set the trigger for about 3lbs and left it, so figured I could save $100 and just buy the SE.
The Hyperfire is an excellent trigger - my favorite, no perceptible take up and minimal reset, but on the spendy side. They only go in the high end builds.

That's great, it's what I hear all the time. I'm not going to combat, not even pretending to be an operator. My bench guns sport what works best for ME. Like I mentioned, I have no qualms with Geissle, they just weren't very spectacular for me and the lack of adjustability sealed the deal.
"Not going to combat" is not the point, the point is a lot of triggers have been pulled to get their deserved reputation for reliability and positive ignition via the full powered hammer spring.

"Not going to combat" is not the point, the point is a lot of triggers have been pulled to get their deserved reputation for reliability and positive ignition via the full powered hammer spring.
If is ain't Geissle then it ain't nothing I guess. My experience with the SSA-E was less then stellar compared to my TT Diamond. But, as I'm not talking up a certain brand purely based on reputation and not on actual experiences, such as MY OWN, please discount anything and everything I have to say. Im a lesser individual. Just the same as when I say I prefer something different than a Glock but, get the same type of reactions. Seriously, what are you trying to get at here, I don't like a trigger, you do, so?.?.?.?.??.?.?.

If is ain't Geissle then it ain't nothing I guess. My experience with the SSA-E was less then stellar compared to my TT Diamond. But, as I'm not talking up a certain brand purely based on reputation and not on actual experiences, such as MY OWN, please discount anything and everything I have to say. Im a lesser individual. Just the same as when I say I prefer something different than a Glock but, get the same type of reactions. Seriously, what are you trying to get at here, I don't like a trigger, you do, so?.?.?.?.??.?.?.
Not saying any of that.

This.

Most aftermarket triggers will give you a better than milspec trigger pull, but not all aftermarket triggers will give you a full power or equivalent hammer spring or the inertia to set off hard primers. Some triggers are super light and crisp because the hammer spring is lighter.

For example my CMC and Hiperfire EDT triggers have the power to set off even notoriously hard russian military primers without a hitch, and do it with a 3.5-4.5lb trigger pull. Yet, my Elftman SE has had enough light primer strikes even on softer-primed brass cased US commercial ammo that I don't trust it for life and death situations, plus it still manages to have more grit than my CMC or Hiperfire. Not bagging on Elftman, it's just not 100% reliable with the ammo I use.

Last Edited:
Two stage triggers aren't for everyone. My buddy hates two stage triggers and loves single stage. I like both. That said, he really likes that eclipse trigger in my 7.62x39. Yet he's too cheap to buy one 😂 He makes a 6-figure income and has extremely low living expenses (less than 1k/mo), will buy expensive guns, but wont spend more than $60 on a trigger. 🤷‍♂️

Can you use standard, mil spec pins with the TT ?

Heavy flow day? :rolleyes:

Depends on the rifle.

Majority of my rifles have a Geissele SSA-E two stage trigger. fantastic triggers! Crisp, reliable, easy to know exactly where the takeup stops and where it's going to break.

However I switched my 7.62x39's geissele trigger out for a hipertouch eclipse trigger with the 7.62x39 spring combo. Gives the hammer the extra energy it needs to ignite those hard primers reliably without increasing the trigger pull. Crisp single stage trigger with no creep or takeup and 3.5lb pull. Not as easy of an install, but worth it to keep the trigger light and crisp with the increased hammer power.
Was the SSA-E reliable with 7.62x39? Also what mags are you using? I went with ACT and the other I just forgot, but use 20 rd magazines. The ACT have been more reliable.

I really like the 7.62x39 in AR setup. I have an AK but rarely shoot it. Still not as agile as AR15 but miles ahead of AR10 under 150 yards in my opinion.

Who cares? There isint much mil spec left on my bench gun at this point. Maybe you are asking as you need a set of them, lol. If you need some mil spec trigger pins I'd be glad to drop them in the mail for you!!!
I do.
LOL

I'll rephrase my question for you...
Can the TT trigger self-retain its trigger pins ?
IOW, no C-lips, buttonheads or dogbones necessary.

I do.
LOL

I'll rephrase my question for you...
Can the TT trigger self-retain its trigger pins ?
IOW, no C-lips, buttonheads or dogbones necessary.
I know that if my pins are removed I don't need to catch a bunch of loose parts that are easy to drop and lose. Once installed does it matter on a range toy? Maybe I'm out of touch here but I believe we are talking about triggers. Triggers are not generally something commonly swapped out during battle. My SHTF rifle is completely mil spec and I wouldn't change a thing. There's too many people that get all sensitive when the brand that everyone else says is the only one that is the best doesn't work for someone else, LOL. I really wanted to like the Holy Grail of two stage trigger called as the High and Mighty Geissle but it wasn't my thing. I found something else that works and too bad that others keep wanting to tell me that I made a poor choice. My trigger hand suffered several severed tendons back in the day so I've had to really work on my ability to do things that normal people get to. My cartridge triggers work, and work well for me. They are not battle proven and probably never will be, who cares? It's my range gun. I'm not sure where these interactions are going, and am quite confused as to what the point is. Trigger pins? Really?

I know that if my pins are removed I don't need to catch a bunch of loose parts that are easy to drop and lose. Once installed does it matter on a range toy? Maybe I'm out of touch here but I believe we are talking about triggers. Triggers are not generally something commonly swapped out during battle. My SHTF rifle is completely mil spec and I wouldn't change a thing. There's too many people that get all sensitive when the brand that everyone else says is the only one that is the best doesn't work for someone else, LOL. I really wanted to like the Holy Grail of two stage trigger called as the High and Mighty Geissle but it wasn't my thing. I found something else that works and too bad that others keep wanting to tell me that I made a poor choice. My trigger hand suffered several severed tendons back in the day so I've had to really work on my ability to do things that normal people get to. My cartridge triggers work, and work well for me. They are not battle proven and probably never will be, who cares? It's my range gun. I'm not sure where these interactions are going, and am quite confused as to what the point is. Trigger pins? Really?
A blown primer or torn shell case rim becoming lodged in the FCG is a very real possibility, with a cassette style trigger coupled with anti-rotation pins you're pretty much f'ed. A milspec style trigger with all its "loose parts" is much more serviceable in the field with no/minimal tools.

That said, no one is attacking you or your choice of trigger, I for one could really care less what anyone chooses to use. So...

That said, no one is attacking you or your choice of trigger, I for one could really care less what anyone chooses to use. So...
Which would be the reason for several quotes proclaiming the inferiority of my trigger design? Jesus, I'm the one who needs to lighten up? Maybe I'm the one missing the sarcasm here. I'm already regretting even suggesting something other than the obvious best of the best, the top gun, of triggers. LOL. Obviously, I should have been more in line with the REAL operators here. I'll remember my place from now on. I'm sure that blown primers that may or may not stop my range day every 10k to 20k rounds will be more than enough of a regular problem on my range toy to swap back to the only best trigger. I'll be sure to get some mil spec pins so I can be back in operation within minutes at the range, it's a real threat to a day at the range, LOL. I really hope we are done here, I really am not a hardcore operator as stated earlier. I cannot keep up with the true operators here either, I'll probably go back to lurking and for dang sure not suggest anything short of what operators used everyday in the battles they encounter.

I really like the Trigger Tech trigger in a bolt gun application.
If a cassette trigger requires crap on the outside of the receiver to hold the pins, I'm out.
There are a couple that can self-retain their pins and I was just wondering if Trigger Tech figured out how to do it.
That's all.
Carry on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews