JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had Geissle in a couple of mine, traded them for the Trigger Tech Diamond. They are fully adjustable (easy to do so) and are superior in every way in my experience. Geissle brand has a following just like Glocks or other brands.

I've got CMC's on a couple of my rifles, very happy with them. Nothing bad to say about Geissele, they're a standard that others get judged by.

I've also got ALG ACT triggers in a couple guns, very happy with them too. Turns out the guys at Wilson have an ACT competitor, looks pretty good for the price. Worth a look, I'd say:

It all boils down to personal preference and what you want to spend. Personally, going forward, I won't use anything less than an ACT or comparable trigger. One of the most important parts of your rifle, to be sure.

I've had Geissle in a couple of mine, traded them for the Trigger Tech Diamond. They are fully adjustable (easy to do so) and are superior in every way in my experience. Geissle brand has a following just like Glocks or other brands.
100% agree. Their Remington 700 footprint triggers are even better if you haven't had the chance to use one yet.

Same
on AR15's, LaRue, CMC and Rise. All work well. Prefer LaRue and Geissele.

What, no hossenfeffer?

View attachment 1033095
Depends on whether it is wabbit season or duck season.
rabbitduck.png

As for triggers, CMC and Hiperfire make me smile.

You could also just practice with a milspec trigger and learn it's reset. When you get a chance (if you want) watch Milspec Mojo run a stock trigger. It's crazy fast. I wish I could afford to shoot as much as that guy.

You could also just practice with a milspec trigger and learn it's reset. When you get a chance (if you want) watch Milspec Mojo run a stock trigger. It's crazy fast. I wish I could afford to shoot as much as that guy.
Another option (I'm actually ordering to play with) is the Mantis X Blackbeard. Kind of an interesting option.

Another option (I'm actually ordering to play with) is the Mantis X Blackbeard. Kind of an interesting option.
Just looked it up. That's a pretty sweet set up for Dryfire. If you pick one up I'd be interested in how you like it.

Geissele triggers are combat proven and SOCOM approved/issued. No cassette style trigger comes close. End of story.

Want adjustable...
https://geissele.com/hi-speed-national-match-trigger-set.html

Last Edited:
Geissele, this particular one is in my MK18 MOD0

Cannot go wrong with this one either

And if you are on a budget; this is actually a pretty good and clean breaking mill spec trigger

Hope this helps out..

Geissele triggers are combat proven and SOCOM approved/issued. No cassette style trigger comes close. End of story.

Want adjustable...
https://geissele.com/hi-speed-national-match-trigger-set.html
That's great, it's what I hear all the time. I'm not going to combat, not even pretending to be an operator. My bench guns sport what works best for ME. Like I mentioned, I have no qualms with Geissle, they just weren't very spectacular for me and the lack of adjustability sealed the deal. I also don't care for Glocks, just my preference, I'm an XD guy. I hear a lot about that too but it's just noise.
End of story, lol

Last Edited:
No purists??

gimme a colt milspec and a dremmel w a polishing wheel
One of my favorite triggers is a home polished one with a spring kit. Also did the creep eliminator trick by threading a set screw above the hand grip screw. It's in the AR I take to the range the most.

I want a better Mil Spec trigger in my fightin rifles, so it's CMMG "Tuned" which are hand fitted and stoned for ultra smoot breaks, and the springs are a super improvement over anything factory, mine all seem to break at around 3.5 pounds and are as smooth as your fancy high end units! Last I checked they were $60.00

I have a CMMG Enhanced LPK in one of my rifles. I'm not sure what trigger comes with it but it's a single stage that is remarkably smooth and crisp. I remember telling people that the trigger felt comparable to others that cost more than the whole kit did. The whole LPK is good quality. The only reason I'm not using one in my latest build is that I have enough spare parts to build the entire lower without buying anything. Including the lower!

I've tried the PNT and liked it a lot.

Geissele SSA/SSA-E if you want peace of mind of the "best trigger"
LaRue MBT-2S if you want the "best budget" aftermarket trigger
KAC 2 Stage Match for most expensive brand name trigger

SSA is slightly heavier than SSA-E

LaRue feels very crisp and you couldn't tell the difference between it and the Geissele unless they were next to each other. Geissele feels marginally better and is more available in stores but is much more expensive

Curved bow for consistent finger location, flat bow for forgiving trigger placement for fast shots

If you really don't care about "the best", ALG or any reputable milspec trigger. If you don't plan on buying a lot of triggers though, the aftermarket triggers are worth the extra money

If you want the clout, the Knights Armament 2 stage match trigger. Coming from an SR-15 owner, It is definitely NOT worth $300.00 though. Do not pay more than $240.00 tops.

Last Edited:
Depends on the rifle.

Majority of my rifles have a Geissele SSA-E two stage trigger. fantastic triggers! Crisp, reliable, easy to know exactly where the takeup stops and where it's going to break.

However I switched my 7.62x39's geissele trigger out for a hipertouch eclipse trigger with the 7.62x39 spring combo. Gives the hammer the extra energy it needs to ignite those hard primers reliably without increasing the trigger pull. Crisp single stage trigger with no creep or takeup and 3.5lb pull. Not as easy of an install, but worth it to keep the trigger light and crisp with the increased hammer power.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top