JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm building my recently anodized 80% lower and mating it up to a M4 Enhanced upper from Aero Precision. I'm running into a couple problems. First, the build.

20220815_152602.jpg

20220815_195745.jpg

Lower went together okay. The issue I ran into was that I put the barrel in and it has a little retaining ball on it and I can't get it out of the upper. It seems to be attached to the BCG. Any ideas on how to remove it?

Pop out the BCG, wrap towels around the barrel while clamped in a vise and use a rubber mallet to lightly tap the upper off the barrel

It should. You should be able to pull the tail of it straight back to unlock the lugs and it'll slide right out.

Well, made a tactical error. For my builds I bought .223 and .308 headspace tools. Turns out that I bought a 5.56 barrel (original plan was a Wylde). So the bolt closed on the NOGO gauge but it is a false positive since the .223 gauge is smaller than the 5.56.

GO:

20220816_103921.jpg

NOGO

20220816_104007.jpg

Had me worried for a moment.

So until I get my gauges it is all dry fit, but not looking too bad.

Most of it is Aero and Magpul. Holographic is a EO Tech. 1/7 twist 16in Carbine length barrel and a VG6 flash hider. Didn't go for the adjustable gas block. Figured I'd play around with it as is first to determine if that is necessary.

20220817_071558.jpg

I went out to test it today. Initially it shot well. I was able to empty my standard sized 30 round mag with no issues. However after 60 some rounds the trigger started to failed to reset. I could manually cycle it and it would work. Followup shots would fail to reset again.

My buddy noticed that if he wiggled the safety lever a small amount the trigger would reset. Any thoughts?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top