JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any that I have used Colt , rock river , model one supply ...all work fine just when setting block tension screw make sure the ejector isnt binding bolt. I shoot hollowpoints with no problem in my pistol or rifle.

My conversion uses an old American Spirit Arms block. It drops in from the top, no tension screws/setscrews involved. I've seen more than
one bottom load conversion block come out with the magazine-----fun to watch when it's on the clock in the middle of a stage at a match!

My conversion uses an old American Spirit Arms block. It drops in from the top, no tension screws/setscrews involved. I've seen more than
one bottom load conversion block come out with the magazine-----fun to watch when it's on the clock in the middle of a stage at a match!

So with urs all u did is have a 9mm upper (any upper?) and the top drop in right and of course different mags no trigger change or anything right?

There are basically 2 different styles of 9mm uppers. Olympic Arms, mag sits in the front of the mag well and the ejector is in the upper. Colt style, where the mag sits in the middle of the mag well and the ejector is built into the lower/mag block. The Colt style is more common and what most 9mm AR's are.

In OA style there are either blocks welded on the back of the mags so no adapter is needed or a drop in that uses a paddle mag release.

With the Colt style you can get blocks that use the standard mag release but use the Colt style mags. Most Colt style mags are expensive compared to other mags or you can modify Uzi mags to fit. The other style of mag block uses unmodified Uzi mags BUT the mag release is a paddle style down on the mag block.

Then there are some dedicated or custom lowers that use other mags like Glock.

My $0.02- buy another lower. Most of the conversion blocks take a little bit of messing with to get sitting just where the gun wants it- once there it's no fun popping it out and doing all over later. here's mine

IMG_9788.jpg
IMG_9798.jpg

Or you can go with a Rock River Arms LAR-9, 9 MM. It uses a fully machined 9 MM magwell, no conversion. They're not that expensive, and run like a scalded dog. They take Colt, C-Products, and Pro-Mag magazines. I've had mine a little over a year now, and have not had any issues.

RRA9MMCarbine.jpg

RRA9MMCarbine2.jpg

RockRiverArmsLAR-9.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR