JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will say I have about 4000 rounds through my CMMG 22 kit the bravo model . I love it , just stick it in ultrasonic cleaner when done , eats all forms of 22LR . shooting out of a 10.5 LMT upper no issues at all

Yes I could but for $200 it was cheaper than buying a dedicated upper and cutting it down. Plus I wanted to retain the FH threads so I could install my YHM 3100A supressor to shoot 22LR with also

The Spikes ST22 upper w/ 5" barrel makes for a great pistol or SBR. Most of a .22 suppressor fits under the shroud. A 1.35" will fit also, such as a 9mm can.

When you cut a barrel down, don't you have to take into account the twist rate of the barrel? If a barrel has twist rate of 1/14, won't cutting the barrel to 10 inches make bullets shot out of it unstable because they won't get a full rotation before exiting the barrel?

Thanks.

Last Edited:
When you cut a barrel down, don't you have to take into account the twist rate of the barrel? If a barrel has twist rate of 1/14, won't cutting the barrel to 10 inches make bullets shot out of it unstable because they won't get a full rotation before exiting the barrel?

Thanks.
Interesting question but most AR .22 cal bbls are 1in7-1in10.

Thanks.

I'm no expert, but I doubt it. Very few handguns give the bullet a full twist before it exits the barrel and they seem to work just fine.

Nope. That's why they call it twist rate. Now, the bbl must be long enough to produce the necessary muzzle velocity that will produce the necessary angular momentum to stabilize a bullet. In the case of 22LR, you can get enough muzzle velocity with very little barrel.

Nope. That's why they call it twist rate. Now, the bbl must be long enough to produce the necessary muzzle velocity that will produce the necessary angular momentum to stabilize a bullet. In the case of 22LR, you can get enough muzzle velocity with very little barrel.

That's good to know, thanks for the info. Thanks for all the replies from everyone.

Are you still making these and whats the going price?

You were close with the name
Some example pictures
A 4.5" barrel and a 7" hand guard with a 5" can
JoshG45inchbarrelupper2w.jpg
A 9" barrel and a 7" hand guard with exposed threads
JohnS9inchupperwithcmmg460dedicatedkit5w.jpg
A 5.5" barrel with a 7" hand guard and a long flash hider
ACs55inch22upperw.jpg
and with a 5" can
ACs55inch22upper3w.jpg
A 8" barrel with a 7" hand guard with the threads hidden
WTs8inch22upper7w.jpg