JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had watched a few youtube vids on the ciener kit and it looked like it functioned well. easily installed also. Could be done at the range when you were done shooting your wallets worth of .223

Funny - I was thinking about the same thing today. Was looking at a basic 10/22 for some cheap shooting, but for a little less I could just convert my AR-15 into a .22lr shooter. I was looking at CMMG conversion kits - mostly because they seem to be available.

I have a Ciener Kit with BDM mags and love it:s0155: I got an old 16" M4 upper and I've probably shot 20,000 rounds thru it with very very few issues:D the only 22 i lke more is my GSG-5PK

thats not a bad price. it would pay for itself in about 1500 rounds. I might check into that when I have money again, but for that price I could just buy another .22

I've got a colt conversion kit for my next gen. It works well and is easy to pack along. I've heard that ceiner is great until it doesn't work and you have to contact the company. I think a conversion kit is a better idea than a dedicated upper just because it's smaller and lighter and who's trying to shoot the wings off a fly with an AR?

I've got a colt conversion kit for my next gen. It works well and is easy to pack along. I've heard that ceiner is great until it doesn't work and you have to contact the company. I think a conversion kit is a better idea than a dedicated upper just because it's smaller and lighter and who's trying to shoot the wings off a fly with an AR?

Best way to shoot the wings off a fly is to aim center mass. It "disappears" and the newly detached wings float to the ground. :D :s0114: :s0155:

I've been using the Ciener/CMMG .22 kits for quite a while now with no issues. I have a friend who basically only uses the converstion kit for all his drills and training because of the ammo costs and has shot literally thousands of rounds with no issues. I haven't shot thousands but I've shot close to it.

The key is to use coated bullets (CCI Mini Mags for example) to reduce the potential of lead getting into the gas system and then blow any potential gunk out of the system with a couple .223 rounds when you're finished.

We just got five kits in a few weeks ago and they all sold out...we've got another shipment coming in that include a Black Dog Mag (which work awesome with the kits) next week. At today's prices of ammo...they pay for themselves in no time and they double the usefulness of one tool making it two.

Ok now i have a new goal at the range!!! I am goign to blow the wings off a fly! This sounds like hours of good fun!

And yes I have a conversion kit and it works really well although at least with the ciener kits they start out kinda picky before they break in or you do it yourself and polilsh he rails a bit to reduce friction. I polished mine up and have had ZERO malfunctions since!

Steven

The key is to use coated bullets (CCI Mini Mags for example) to reduce the potential of lead getting into the gas system and then blow any potential gunk out of the system with a couple .223 rounds when you're finished.

That's the benefit of a dedicated upper, they typically don't have a gas system so none of the fouling to worry about, plus they have a more appropriate twist rate.

I found it to be very useful to just build a dedicated .22 rifle. It's just as reliable as its .223 and .308 brothers. I just need to get a lighter hammer spring, since it slows the bolt a bit too much every time it cycles.

I've been using the Ciener/CMMG .22 kits for quite a while now with no issues. I have a friend who basically only uses the converstion kit for all his drills and training because of the ammo costs and has shot literally thousands of rounds with no issues. I haven't shot thousands but I've shot close to it.

We just got five kits in a few weeks ago and they all sold out...we've got another shipment coming in that include a Black Dog Mag (which work awesome with the kits) next week. At today's prices of ammo...they pay for themselves in no time and they double the usefulness of one tool making it two.

I would like to know when they come in. If I have the money I would like to get one

I bought a CMMG conversion kit (w/ BDM magazine) for $189 at the Puyallup gun show today. Given that there was no tax & no shipping charge, I just couldn't pass it up. Rainier Arms was selling them, although they list at a higher price on their website.

I do like the idea of having another .22lr option in my safe w/o using up space.

If I ever get to the range again, I'll post a review.

Are they usually readily available at shows? I have never really looked for one but would like to pick one up at a show and pay the extra money in entry fee rather than shipping. Kill two birds with one stone.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top