JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am very interested in the 60 and 100 rd surefires but have no personal experience, yet. I can tell you they are VERY expensive, so they had better dern well perk 110%. I will say if they are reliable they are a huge improvement ergonomically over the Beta drum. You may also want to look for the now banned from import 120 rd chinese AK47 style wind up drums, I have one and they are awesome. Expect to pay upwards of $300 for one

Here is one guy giving 3 of them away. if I had the sheckels I would buy them immediately

AR-15, 120 round drum magazines, Chinese Magazines & Clips > Rifle Magazines > AR-15 Type for sale, gun classifieds or gun auction from GerryToo. Buy or bid on this AR-15, 120 round drum magazines, Chinese in the category Magazines & Clips > Rifle Ma

Here are the surefires but it's an ad for surefire
SureFire MAG5-100 Round Magazine by NOLATAC - YouTube

I picked up one of the korean beta-c clones (made by KCI). I think it was about $130. Surprisingly it's run flawless with no failures. I don't think I'd bet my life to it (yet) and it is heavy when loaded. I see it as more of a novelty.
Haven't tried the surefire quad stacks yet but haven't heard anything bad about them other than the price.
The Army tested some betas in about 2003 and found them unreliable (in Afghanistan), but tested them again in 2008 (in texas) and liked them and had no issues. I just can't bring myself to pay what a real beta c costs $$$

The real Beta C mags have been around a while and have been tested in combat. The Korean knockoffs appear to be pretty much identical and are about half the price - I too have been in wait and see mode on these. The Koreans can make good stuff when they want to, my AR100 is pretty awesome.

I've had the 60rd Surefire mag for about a month now. I'm very happy with it. I have loaded it up a few times and the only stoppage was from ammo I incorrectly seated when I was reloading. I don't think I will be getting any of the 100rd mags.

The 60 rd SureFires will fit into most double mag pouches and are only about a 1/2" longer than a standard 30 rd mag. They don't weigh as much as the 100 rd mags and just seem to be a more suitable choice to me. Now the price is a bit hefty, but I figured I only need three of four of them anyway, lots of 30 rd backups if I need them!

That 100 round mag looks to me like it might be in your way if you were laying down. The 60 round looks ok, but for the price I'll stick with taping (or epoxying) 2 30 rounders together, inverted.

Heck the 100 rounder looks like it would be in the way shooting from a bench too.
SF-HCM_100_M4___large2.png
The 60 rounders look pretty cool though. Now if they'd only cost twice what a 30 rounder costs...

I have a Beta-c they work great but if you load it carelessly you can crack feed head (part that goes in the mag well) but if you do brake a part you can order replacements. fixing mine was $14

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top