JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to put a variable power scope on a new to me AR-10. Gun is a 16" piston rifle. Prefer at least a 3x9 or better but very open to suggestions. Good eye relief is pretty important. Rifle will be used to punch paper most of the time but could see some yote, rabbit, rat or even possibly deer duty. Budget is $300 or so but not really locked into a price if the quality is there. Any help would be great.

Looking to put a variable power scope on a new to me AR-10. Gun is a 16" piston rifle. Prefer at least a 3x9 or better but very open to suggestions. Good eye relief is pretty important. Rifle will be used to punch paper most of the time but could see some yote, rabbit, rat or even possibly deer duty. Budget is $300 or so but not really locked into a price if the quality is there. Any help would be great.

Good eye relief means lower powered scopes generally. Lower powered scopes have less critical eye relief as well, meaning there is more margin of error in head position to see a full view. High powered scopes typically have very critical eye relief at higher power. Because of this, I'd max out at 9x. I'm a big fan of the Leupold VX3 2.5-8x36 as a hunting scope, but it will run $400. There is always the VX2 3-9x40 that is on or about your budget. Vortex has one of the best warranties out there.

BUT, check out the SWFA Super Sniper scopes. They are tough as nails and I have seen good reviews.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads