JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi all,
Im putting together an AR-10 Lower is a Palmetto PA10 gen 3, been looking at Bear Creek uppers. Any thoughts, commits, or advice?
I have a Bear Creek complete upper in 5.56 and it seems to be a good deal for the money. I would say they compare to PSA uppers in quality. At $100 - $150 cheaper, it's hard to say no. "Bear" in mind that I have bought zero AR-10 specific parts from either company.

Hi all,
Im putting together an AR-10 Lower is a Palmetto PA10 gen 3, been looking at Bear Creek uppers. Any thoughts, commits, or advice?
Seems online reviews can be stark different. I have 2 side chargers…. .50 Beowulf (maybe 1-2 gen) and recently.308…. I'm very proud of both no issues. I did have some machine burs In provided .308 flash hider but I always swap. Accurate barrels…. Nicely finished and no fatigue on bolt faces….(over 700, wouldn't doubt close to 1k but can remember all 10rn mag dumps I did when I first got it)rnds in Beowulf. Just over 350 through.308 to date Satisfied enough to be waiting on UPS for the next upper to deliver 22-250.

Hi all,
It's hard to beat BCA price wise, for complete side charging uppers. Every once in awhile you can get a deal on a Aero or Ballistic Advantage upper. A PSA upper might be the way to go as I heard the PSA lowers can be fussy with other brands of uppers.

I remember something ran me off from using PSA AR10 parts and I believe it was proprietary fitment? Like you're forced to use a psa upper or something? I don't recall, though I'd suggest starting with a lower that specifically states being DPMS pattern compatible, such as Aero Precision then buy all DPMS compatible parts from then on. I did this with a Stag upper/lower, Faxon and Aero internals... Odin works too. Never settle for proprietary just because it's less expensive.

Spend some time looking into the different AR10 platforms. They are not like ar15's where everything is interchangeable. You have the DPMS LR-308 and the Armalite AR-10.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top