JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been thinking about making a AR-10 style pistol. I am wondering if I should build out a 7.62x51 (.308) or a 6.5 Creedmoor and looking for data for FPS and ft/lbs at different ranges. The barrel would be between 12 & 14 inches but would like to see the comparison with a 16 and 18". I would like something clear and concise like the attached image for 7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel.
762x39.jpg
Thanks for your help!

MC

I think the Creedmoor will be similar to the 308 with regards to velocity loss. It may gain some ground at longer ranges due to superior bc of bullets but who builds a pistol or sbr for long range. My advice would be stick with the 7.62x39 or the grendel.

Your going to really loose a lot of the .308's power with barrels under 17 inches! I would look at ether a bull pup, or a different caliber then ether of the options posted!
This is why I'm thinking maybe something similar to the .45 Raptor which supposedly have similar performance as the 460 SW, which is a big pistol round.

Although I see that the barrels available for the .45 Raptor are mostly 16-18" with some shorter bolt action barrels and custom orders from McGowen Precison in Montana...

If you are looking for thump out to a couple hundred yards or so the 458 socom is a beast and feeds and functions well. I have 420gr wlngc bullet going 1550 or so out of a 16.25" barrel. Quite a few more bullet options in .458 vs .452.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top