JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i need some help from the ar building gurus! i want to start a new build of an ar 10, anyone have parts list for one? im talkin a general list of all the parts of the gun so i can start building each reciever and check off the list, if u do or know of a good one let me know please, i want to print it off and buy each part and completely custom build this next gun of mine

thanks

If you're talking about building a true AR-10 (ArmaLite is the only actual AR-10. Anything else is some sort of .308 AR variant, and they aren't all compatible like AR-15s), you can go to the ArmaLite web site and collect part numbers.

Also, unlike other manufacturers, in most cases, ArmaLite has those parts at the best prices.

AR-10s aren't as good for building it yourself as AR-15s are. Many manufacturers do things slightly different, there is no set in stone mil-spec way to do things. As such, I recommend buying a complete rifle.

As for what rifle to buy, it depends on what you want it to do. For a decent battle rifle AR10/SR25 for a reasonably cheap price I'd get either an Armalite or a DPMS. For a long range precision rifle, LaRue, LMT, or Noveske come to mind. There is also KAC if you don't mind selling a kidney or two.

Another thing to consider is what ammo you're using (if this is to be a long range gun).

For example, 1 thing killed the DPMS/compatible platform for me. Magazines.

At the time I bought,you had two choices in mags. DPMS 20 rounds (which actually only fit 19, wtf?), or KAC mags.

DPMS mags were cheap and plentiful, however, the construction of many of them sucked, and they were out of spec and not long enough to load M118LR ammo.

The KAC alternative were fantastic construction and loaded M118LR no problem. They also cost well over $100 each.

That was a huge consideration in me choosing ArmaLite.

Now, Magpul has created Pmags for the DPMS platform, so it may have resolved that issue.

Just something for you to consider when making your selection.

AR-10s aren't as good for building it yourself as AR-15s are. Many manufacturers do things slightly different, there is no set in stone mil-spec way to do things. As such, I recommend buying a complete rifle.

I disagree with the end statement there.

While I agree it's not as easy as an AR-15, an AR-10 is not difficult.

You just need to take care to research before buying parts, lest you buy incompatible pieces.

As long as you do that, and don't get in a hurry, you can build a great gun, and save some $$$.

I built mine since I knew ArmaLite wouldn't allow me to customize a Super SASS for purchase.

I wanted a trigger and muzzle device different than the standard ones on that gun. I couldn't see paying $3000 for the gun, then having to pay *another* $279 for the trigger and $80 for the flash hider. I also used a different grip.

In the end, I paid less than I would have for a Super SASS, and I had exactly the gun I wanted.

ar102.png

Upper and lowers are not all comparable between brands, as are hand guards, barrel nuts and barrels. Most can use a standard AR15 trigger but i recall something about one requiring a special hammer. Mags are different between brands. Many chose the rifle brand based on using pmags. ArmaLite mags can be found at about the same price point.

I chose ArmaLite/Noveske for my build. I think Noveske barrels are very well made. The ArmaLite trigger is very nice and very easy to tune to your needs.

There are a lot of parts on the market for this platform, I put this together for well under 2K.

noveske01.jpg
noveske04.jpg
ar10001.jpg

ArmaLite lwr with two stage trigger, badass, prs, gas buster, tdbg, emr.
Noveske upper with stainless 21" Match Mod 1 chamber barrel, SWS/Noveske hand guard (N6), Vortex suppressor, Troy battle sights, YHM raiser with Warne QD rings.

Oh! I almost forgot, there's also this crazy thing coming to the market soon.

I hope Colt makes it in black first though, I kinda hate realtree.

This looks really interesting. After searching I am really wanting to know a price so I can start saving for one:s0114: And yes black would be alot better than the camo:(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top