JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody here have experience with the Genesis 12 shotgun that works with an AR-10 lower?

Specifically, I'd like to see how it works with an Aero M5 lower.

They say any DPMS ar10 lower should work but i havent tested that since i have a complete gun from them. They're really awesome BTW đź‘Ś

20221206_200132.jpg

20 week lead time and 30% restocking fee if you cancel. Be sure you just gotta have it... and I... gotta have it!! 🤣

Personally, for the price, I would get the Gen 12 with the Genesis lower because:

1) I could get it as a "firearm" (like a Shockwave)
2) No question as to legality.
3) Genesis only guarantees fit, not function if you don't use it with the Gen12 lower.
4) At $2K+, the complete shotgun is only $600-$800 more than the upper alone - that would be make it worth the extra cost when you take #1, #2 & #3 into account.

It will be interesting when the Gen 12 hits the market and people buy those uppers - legally, is it then a shotgun if you put it on a rifle lower? Or is a DD because of the bore size (greater than .50")?

Remember, as far as the ATF is concerned, with a rifle lower, it is always a rifle.

No rifling on the barrels so I believe the 10.5" with brace is an "other" not a shottie or a rifle. The 7" with stock is an SBS. They can also make you a 7" with a brace and it's an AOW, which is only a $5 stamp fee

Personally, for the price, I would get the Gen 12 with the Genesis lower because:

3) Genesis only guarantees fit, not function if you don't use it with the Gen12 lower.
4) At $2K+, the complete shotgun is only $600-$800 more than the upper alone - that would be make it worth the extra cost when you take #1, #2 & #3 into account.
If 114 and the permit BS doesn't come to fruition then I'd absolutely go that route. I'm currently looking for ideas on what to build with all of the lowers I've picked up. A new lower is not designated as a rifle. If I build it initially as a shotgun, then a shotgun it shall be.

1) I can too with an "other" receiver
2) See #1
3) Selector switches, hold opens and hammer strength can all be custom modified, if needed.

Con:
4) Why pay $600-$800 for a $200 receiver. See #1, #2 & #3

But the main cons: A 4473 and the 114 ax over our heads hasn't been buried yet. KISS'ing it... an 80% still wins, IMHO.

No rifling on the barrels so I believe the 10.5" with brace is an "other" not a shottie or a rifle. The 7" with stock is an SBS. They can also make you a 7" with a brace and it's an AOW, which is only a $5 stamp fee
Yes, since it has a buffer tube (required, not empty), one might be able to make it shorter than the 10.5" barrel?

They don't mention OAL on the "Firearm", but it looks like it is quite a bit longer than 26"?

Not 100% sure on that heretic, you should just give em a call they're awesome people. I did confirm with them that you can build different caliber uppers for their lowers since you aren't permanently altering them. But they recommended keeping their upper near the lower if it's the 7" SBS. They're gonna be coming out with some AR10 uppers next year I think

Last Edited:
Does anybody here have experience with the Genesis 12 shotgun that works with an AR-10 lower?

Specifically, I'd like to see how it works with an Aero M5 lower.
What's the price of these? I might be interested just for fun but the aK 12 gauge is only about $300-$400 and is totally reliable with low brass or high brass, semi auto rate of fire is the same as that $20k full auto polymer shotgun (AA-12) that was made for a while. 12 gauge AKs are maybe one of the funnest guns on the planet. Accepts muzzle brakes that reduce recoil by 70-80% which makes them a joy to shoot. I was so impressed I bought 3 of them.

Full auto (one can dream ha ha)

Semi auto

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR