JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didnt 12 protesters show up last time? along with 100 media? i dont think their rallies are going too well, except we might expect the Obama Administration to bus in supporters and pay them 12 bucks an hour tax free and not claim it on their welfare income this time :s0112:

Here is a copy of the letter my son sent to Burdick..Rather well done I thought..

Hello Senate President Pro Tempore Burdick,

I read your call to action email where you started by stating the following;

"The Oregon Alliance to End Gun Violence is hosting a gun violence lobby day at the State Capitol on April 4th. I encourage everyone to attend a rally at the Capitol steps at noon, and visit your legislators, if possible. We need to show the people of Oregon that our passion for preventing gun violence is greater than gun extremists who oppose even the most reasonable gun safety measures. You can access more information by clicking here."

In the above paragraph you refer to "gun extremists". Who decides who and what is extreme? You?

You also refer to "the most reasonable gun safety measures". Who's definition of reasonable are you referring to? Yours?

I am quite sure you are intelligent enough to realize that extreme and reasonable are relative to someone's point of view.

Do you believe that your definition of extreme and reasonable are somehow superior to other people's definition? From the context of your comments above, it would appear that you do. Well, just because you, and others who believe as you do feel your definition is superior doesn't mean that it is. I would suggest you think on that some.

Here's another food for thought. I'll bet that if you were to ask every one of the people and organizations who you define as extreme, in the context mentioned in your above remarks, if they oppose gun violence every single one of them would say YES! If you don't believe it, test it. Ask the simple but straight forward question "Do you oppose gun violence?" You will quickly find that everyone you considered an enemy to your cause to end gun violence is your ally.

Where you will diverge is in the how you deal with gun violence. You have made it clear that you believe that restricting gun access and usage to all people is the superior way to deal with gun violence. This is in spite of the fact that there is absolutely no evidence to support that position (if you believe you can prove me wrong in this statement feel free to do so. I will listen). You have also made it clear that any other different or opposing point of view is inferior to yours. Again, just because you say so doesn't mean that it is. I would suggest you think on that some as well.

You should know that most intelligent people are aware of your dishonest approach to the subject as belied in the title of the organization you mention at the preface of your paragraph, "The Oregon Alliance to End Gun Violence". If you were to be truly transparent and honest, the title would be "The Oregon Alliance to Restrict and or Eliminate All Guns". But you and the leaders of that organization know full well that being completely honest and transparent would hurt your efforts. Prove me wrong. Lobby to have the name changed and lets see what happens.

I eagerly await your evidence that proves my points incorrect. I have this suspicion I won't hear from you though. Thank you for your time.

Nice try, but the problem is that if you want Ginny to be able to actually understand your letter you need to make sure there arent so many big words in it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top