JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got off the phone with ATF/NFA and found out my suppressor was APPROVED on Mar 29! I am now awaiting the call from the dealer to "come and get it" For those wondering, here is the timeline:

NFA Trust

Purchase and paperwork: June 29, 2013
Money Order cashed: July 09, 2013
Pending: September 3, 2013
Approved: March 29, 2014
Received: April 4, 2014

Richard

Last Edited:
I just got off the phone with ATF/NFA and found out my suppressor was APPROVED on Mar 29! I am now awaiting the call from the dealer to "come and get it" For those wondering, here is the timeline:

NFA Trust

Purchase and paperwork: June 29, 2013
Money Order cashed: July 09, 2013
Pending: September 3, 2013
Approved: March 29, 2013
Received: ?????

Richard
Wow that's efficiency right there! it was approved BEFORE you purchased it!!! :p:D

Did you mail it in or e-file?

It only makes sense that the initial popularity of e-File and the attendant "short" wait of 4 months would lead to an increase in workload for that system.

That a 4-month turnaround time would be sustainable with no increase in staff seemed unlikely and times would grow longer.

If the system hadn't been taken offline, it's conceivable that the e-File wait times should grow to be as backed up as the paper ones. If it returns in a refurbished framework then the cycle starts again from a light backlog to increasing wait times.

Regardless of the type of filing, with an increasing yearly submission rate and no significant increase in examiners, the only thing I can see on the horizon to trim back the average wait time could be the imposition of the individual applicant standards to the Trust, making them subject to LEO signoff, prints and pictures.

That will kill new ownership of NFA equipment in many jurisdictions, because the CLEOs just don't sign off for anyone, anyway, and they will be even MORE unlikely to do so for a multi-member Trust.

If that happens then the total number of applicants will drop and maybe shorter wait times would follow. It looks like the post-Newtown wave has passed (from what I saw on NFA Tracker.com) so between now and this summer some leveling off should be seen; depending on any indication that may leak from BATFE regarding how they may be leaning on this Trust proposal of Eric Holder's (i.e., the Presidents' initiative to do "something" about "gun violence" which we know has nothing to do with NFA transfers in the real world anyway.)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top