JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My form 1 for SBR was approved in about three weeks. Does that mean I'm good to go? I read something about the form being approved does not mean the owner was approved. Also, it didn't say anything about getting a stamp engraved. Do I have to get one if it already has a serial number? I'm obviously new to this.

Youre good to go. You do not need to engrave the serial number It has one already. You absolutely do need to engrave your makers marks. If its on a trust the full trust name and city. If its on a individual form 1 you need your name ( including middle name or initial ) and city.

Owner approved?I dont know where people come up with that stuff. The form 1 is for YOU to build a SBR. Its you and the gun. Not one or the other.

Youre good to go. You do not need to engrave the serial number It has one already. You absolutely do need to engrave your makers marks. If its on a trust the full trust name and city. If its on a individual form 1 you need your name ( including middle name or initial ) and city.

Owner approved?I dont know where people come up with that stuff. The form 1 is for YOU to build a SBR. Its you and the gun. Not one or the other.

Ok so as a single applicant I need to get my name and City engraved on it is what you are saying. Do I have to do that before I take it out to shoot? I can't believe the ATF provided no information regarding this or I completely missed it. Thanks.

Yes, You missed it. Its on the form 1 instructions Name as it appears on the form and city , state. IF the caliber is not engraved on the barrel or receiver you'll need that too. Multi marked AR's need a caliber designation somewhere . Most barrels have the caliber marked so that usually takes care of that but some dont. I usually have the mag well lip marked. Some people like in the trigger well.You can do it wherever and as big as you like but most guys go small and unobtrusive.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top