JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a rare 4 digit Colt M1911 issued in the first batch of 300 to the USMC in 1912 (serial number 35XX). I did a lot of research on it many years ago and its in original shape but a few things don't match to the original year, think it was the barrel and magazine release screw..maybe others its been too long and I didn't write it down.

Due to some major life events I'm looking to sell it, probably best to have is appraised locally or send it somewhere? but after that who do you guys recommend to list this through?

Colt1912USMC5b.jpg 1911_35XX_USMC_.jpg M1911a1-E.jpg

I would imagine since it's one of the first 300 ever introduced to the marine corps, it's probably got some significant historical value. Actual takeaway at auction could be insane.

Last Edited:
Maybe ask around informational sites, usmcweaponry.com is run by a guy named Tim Plowman. He goes by tdp0311 on Instagram. Seems like he might have a good grasp of the value on these pieces.

Very nice piece of history there. Sorry to hear about your situation but hope you can maximize the value. Keep us in the loop please, I'm eager to hear what it can go for.

There's very few I would trust for appraisal.

Lowell Pauli was hands down the best, and was local in the Milwaukie area, but has since passed. I saw his enormous collection, including one that was used in the original trials...hope his heirs do that collection well.

The other person would be Scott Gahimer.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top