JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
we are four of those 7 shooters, it will be my fourth Appleseed, they are great, so if you are thinking about it, I would highly recommend it. Even if you are an accomplished shooter the drills and skills needed to become a rifleman are pretty hard to master. Two of the four of us are qualified, and are still going back for more, so that will tell you a lot.

I just signed up today. Any idea of where I can pick up one of the appropriate slings locally? I'm going to be shooting my AR-15 and I was down at Curt's today but they told me they don't have an "Appleseed-type" sling.

I just signed up today. Any idea of where I can pick up one of the appropriate slings locally? I'm going to be shooting my AR-15 and I was down at Curt's today but they told me they don't have an "Appleseed-type" sling.

I don't know of a local source for the GI web sling, but we have loaner slings available for use this weekend. You can order online from the Appleseed store at http://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page13.html. You will need to have sling swivels at the fore end and butt of the rifle to attach the sling. If your AR has the A2 solid stock it has the sling swivels already. For a telescoping stock and no swivel on the fore stock we'll have to improvise. Curt's is a good place to get the necessary parts to install the swivels, just tell them (or show them) what type of stock you have and that you need swivels on each end. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. It's going to be fun!

I don't know of a local source for the GI web sling, but we have loaner slings available for use this weekend. You can order online from the Appleseed store at http://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page13.html. You will need to have sling swivels at the fore end and butt of the rifle to attach the sling. If your AR has the A2 solid stock it has the sling swivels already. For a telescoping stock and no swivel on the fore stock we'll have to improvise. Curt's is a good place to get the necessary parts to install the swivels, just tell them (or show them) what type of stock you have and that you need swivels on each end. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. It's going to be fun!

The GI web sling requires 1-1/4" swivels.

I'm glad to hear there will be loaner slings available. I don't think that at this point I will have time to order one and get it here before Saturday.
I dropped my rifle off at Curt's this morning to have a swivel installed on the hand guard so I should be ready to go by this weekend.
The swivels on my rifle are 1 1/4".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads