JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've heard this is a great way to learn to shoot or dial in your marksmanship skills. The event is free for active military, women, children and young adults under 21. :s0155:This is being held at the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.

<broken link removed>

Appleseed Website

In case someone is in need of a .22 rifle for the shoot, they're on sale this week at<broken link removed>. I may pick one up myself. Between my son and I we could spend nearly that much on ammo. They have a Marlin Model 795 for $99.00 after rebate

Last Edited:
I see on the main site plan on 150 rounds for Sat and 250 for Sun. I also see in the forum about this specific shoot at DR we will be shooting out to 200y so bring the .22lr for Sat and centerfire for Sun.

250 centerfire is a lot of $. Can I shoot the .22 both days or most of Sun and maybe only a few centerfire Sun?

IF this event is run like most events, rifle sharing will be impractical. You might want to contact them directly. Last time I went (and if I remember correctly) there were one or two loaner rifles available.

Keith

Hmm, sounds fun. I think I might do this. Should be interesting and beneficial to learn the old school target shootin' style in addition to DYNAMIC OPERATOR TACTICAL THUMB OVER BORE stuff I've been practicing for practical rifle.

I also see in the forum about this specific shoot at DR we will be shooting out to 200y so bring the .22lr for Sat and centerfire for Sun.

250 centerfire is a lot of $. Can I shoot the .22 both days or most of Sun and maybe only a few centerfire Sun?

I checked with them and you can mix it up on Sunday if you want. I might do the same.

So I see it's sold out; who all is going? Anyone else from here?

For something that was only supposed to cost $90 so far I'm in about $600 :(

Big mouth decided to pay for father in law so $145 for pre registration
$40 in range fees (lucky for me the kid shoots free(ish))
Couldn't be happy borrowing my buddies 10/22 nooooo I had to go buy one $209
$22 in sling swivles
$35 in slings (so far, may have to go buy one this afternoon)
$20 in wooden stock because you can't mount sling swivles to the plastic ones
$72 sight upgrade
$90 in .223 ammo
$20 in .22 ammo
$25 for 2 extra mags
2 days shooting with my little girl - priceless :p

I will be there. It wasn't quite so bad for me, but I'm only paying for one person.
$72 for registration
$7-ish in .22lr ammo
$70-ish in 5.56 ammo (have a few K, dunno how much of it I will shoot)
$25 (? I kinda forget) on a shooting mat and elbow pads
$15 for a cheap GI web sling
Total: ~$189

Dang it; forgot about those *sigh* I guess I'll use some old carpet and garden knee pads.

I'll be the fat guy in a green rain coat w/ a silver stripe accross the back.

Heh, my "shooting mat" is a piece of carpet that seemed a decent size I found at fred meyer. My elbow pads are for football I think... Remember not to use pads that have a hard shell on the outside like skateboard pads as that will be wobbly.

I'll be the nerdy glasses kid with the goofy looking (but very warm and practical) eddie bauer hat.

I'll be there with my son. I'll most likely wear a hat having the trademark name Coca-Cola on it. I haven't fired a rifle more than a couple times
since Air Force basic training 28 years ago, so it will be a good learning experience for both of us.

Where can you get a shooting mat anyway?

I'll be there with my son. I'll most likely wear a hat having the trademark name Coca-Cola on it. I haven't fired a rifle more than a couple times
since Air Force basic training 28 years ago, so it will be a good learning experience for both of us.

Where can you get a shooting mat anyway?

Bi-mart frequently has 5x9 carpets for around $20

Well... I suck, I did not make rifleman. My best target was 193 and you need 210 to win. :/ Guess I'll just have to go to another one. :D

Man, I am so achy I feel like an old man or something :eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads