JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
80% of rifle marksmanship can be learned with a .22lr @25m using scaled targets - and that's what a standard Appleseed® event offers. Marksmanship 101.

The other 20% is dealing with recoil, percussion and actual distance (where trajectory and wind come into play). Douglas Ridge Rifle Club will be hosting a Known Distance event on Feb 15th & 16th. Marksmanship 201.

This will be center fire only. On Saturday we are going to be shooting at 25, 100 and 200 yards. Sunday we will be shooting full distance AQT's 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards.

We will be using around 350 rounds (200 Sat and 150 Sun).

Please note that this event will also incur a $10 range fee paid to DRRC (collected on Sat) for the use of the full distance range.

Eagle Creek, OR Appleseed Known Distance February... Tickets, Eagle Creek - Eventbrite

Previous Appleseed experience and/or Rifleman is highly encouraged.

The Good:
* First KD in the metro area
* 30 spots sold out months ago
* 5 KD Riflemen forged - 1 with irons
* Our first round down range was one mag, one round - cold bore shot at the Daniel Morgan shingle on a 25m Redcoat. Those that got it won a special patch. I gave out 9 out of 21 shooters.
* Our last round down range was one mag, one round shot at a 8" gong @250y. I gave out two more patches, one with irons (well one and a repeat from the AM drill) out of 12 shooters.

The Bad:
* I sold this event out at 30 months ago - 21 showed up Sat AM, 17 were shooting by Sat PM and 12 came for Sun and 2 of them stopped shooting before the day was through :(
* Weather slowed us down Sat - lost our 200y target line twice. We ended early.
* Only got 2 FD AQT's - I really wanted 3

The Ugly:
* Rain on Sat was debilitating. You could float a kayak from the parking lot to the firing line. Shooters laying in puddles and dumping water out of receivers between strings. It was ugly

All in all I'm thrilled with the overall event. I'm not sure I can sweet talk DRRC into another one this year but I'm sure gonna try :)

Here's the AAR with all the pictures: Eagle Creek, OR Feb 15 & 16 - Known Distance

Here's my 250y shingle

IMAG0901_zps1c781159.jpg 83899c13-bd48-4735-94cc-d8e38aa86512_zps5c7cca00.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews