JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never a bad weekend to shoot.
The last Appleseed at DRRC was Feb 9-10.
I was a range safety officer for the event.
I admired the pluck of the attendees!
Weather was misting, foggy, trying to snow. Breezy.
Cutting cold was an understatement.
Lots of beginner shooters.

I don't care how or why they came to learn to shoot.
There's now 20+ kids, women, and guys that know more than they did before the session.

I listened to the appleseed mini-classes. My foil antenna twitched,
asked if these were political activists, they said they were not political.
Some confessed to being worried by current events.
My patriotism was challenged by one individual for even asking.
I nicknamed him Flatus from Brooklyn.

The Oregon chief appleseed suggested I read the book.
I did read book. Wow! Most impressed!

As to politics, I think Appleseed does exceptionally well in steering away from today's politics.
When the teachers asked the "what would you do?" questions, I think it's to get the listeners to imagine what they would have done had they lived 18-19 April 1775.

As it turned out, a lot of folks and soldiers were killed and maimed, homes and businesses burned, alliances altered.

A 54 year old militia veteran, Hezekiah Wyman, became a footnote in sharpshooter history.
As the Redcoats marched back to Boston, the old man rode his horse ahead of the Redcoat vanguard.
Wyman dismounted, made ready. When the Redcoats marched into range, one would be shot.
The militaman again rode further ahead. The Redcoats dreaded glimpsing him and his white horse.

I can't RSO for the June Appleseed, schedule conflicts.

Mark, let me know if you need anything. I have extra's of everything :)

I think we are going to see a lot of the sun this weekend so if you have a pop up you might want to bring it for a little shade. We will be on the Dynamic range which is not covered.

Just a heads up, if you plan to buy an M1 Garand from the CMP. I can notarize form 2A of your application and will be at the Appleseed this weekend.

Sales Form Index

At the event, I believe you can also join the RWVA, which meets requirement #2 on page 9.

Wish I could, but I need to wait a few years until I have naturalized. Unless I buy one from someone else of course. :) It's an interesting program and after the first clip I knew it's a rifle I'll have to have some day!

Thanks for the offer Kimber I believe we will be in good shape the only thing I don't know about would be skinny girl sized elbow pads. And we have time to pick up a set of those if the SIL or the granddaughter doesn't have any.

This was my second 'seed weekend and it was a good one. Mark, was your granddaughter the one with the pink rifle? I found that hilarious and awesome. Few things can motivate progress in a bunch of grown men like the risk of being outshot by a young girl and her pink rifle. :p

This was my second 'seed weekend and it was a good one. Mark, was your granddaughter the one with the pink rifle? I found that hilarious and awesome. Few things can motivate progress in a bunch of grown men like the risk of being outshot by a young girl and her pink rifle. :p

No my Grand daughter was the skinny thing that wore all black to be out in the sun all day. She was the last shooter on the left. She bugged us and bugged us to get to the event and then was a bit of a slug all day. But it accomplished her dads and my goal which was to get her good safety training and the basic's of shooting a rifle. It takes care of her mothers (not my daughter) demands for professional training before the girl could go shooting with me at my club. And for us that was the important part. We left early Saturday cause she said she wasn't feeling well (pretty sure she decided she was bored)

I was very glad to see how well the safety training stuck though she never missed having that rifle safed when it was called for or checked.

Good job getting your grand daughter out to learn how to shoot a rifle and some history that she probably won't get in school. I worked with her quite a bit and believe she has the potential to become a good shooter. She really wanted to learn and she paid attention--90% of learning is having a "teachable attitude" and she seems to have that. Too bad she had problems with the first rifle...it looked like it will be an excellent rifle for her to continue to learn on. There will be more Appleseed opportunities in the future so I hope she comes back.

kenjo

No my Grand daughter was the skinny thing that wore all black to be out in the sun all day. She was the last shooter on the left. She bugged us and bugged us to get to the event and then was a bit of a slug all day. But it accomplished her dads and my goal which was to get her good safety training and the basic's of shooting a rifle. It takes care of her mothers (not my daughter) demands for professional training before the girl could go shooting with me at my club. And for us that was the important part. We left early Saturday cause she said she wasn't feeling well (pretty sure she decided she was bored)

I was very glad to see how well the safety training stuck though she never missed having that rifle safed when it was called for or checked.

Thanks to everyone that came.

That pink rifle is my daughter Natalie. She's been to a few seeds but this was the first time she really showed some skills. She put down a 185 Sun afternoon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top