JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great event I learned tons. Only 6 points (1 missed round) from qualifying as rifleman! Frustrating but gives me a reason to come back and keep working at it.

One recommendation for future attendees: wear as much head/face/neck coverage as possible, especially on your left side to guard against flying hot brass. Ask me how I know.....

Highly recommend this event and can't say enough about how incredible the instructors and organization are. There were men, women, and children of ALL ages and they all had a blast and learned a ton.

Ouch on the brass burn :( I'm afraid that is one of the hazards of shooting at a 'seed.

I've actually asked for 5 dates next year, I just can't remember the other three off the top of my head.

I'm really hoping for the kd.

There were men, women, and children of ALL ages and they all had a blast and learned a ton.

A few stats from this weekends event:
16 of 33 self proclaimed skill level 1 or 2. 2 considered themselves 4 and one skill level 5 (only 2 of the 3 actually scored rifleman) 25 first time ASers. 9 women. 4 under the age of 18. 3 over the age of 65. Youngest was 10, oldest was 89. Average age was 45.

These stats don't include the 3 walk ons that didn't pre-register.

There were 38 total participants and 7 instructors.

My understanding is the no muzzles over the berm is too difficult a standard to maintain. That and a very full schedule. But if you have an in there I'll do what I can to make it happen.

Most ranges are still working on their 2014 calendars. I have requested Feb 15/16 and Apr 26/27 but I haven't heard if I've gotten those dates yet or not. I'll be at the board meeting on the 21st where I hope to get some feedback.

I've requested that Feb date to be a Know Distance Event (advanced Appleseed). We will be center fire only. Sat will be spent shooting 25-200m (run kind of like a typical Sunday, quick review and shoot AQT's, add in data books and getting 100 and 200m sight settings). Then Sunday will be getting data at 300 and 400m and shoot full distance AQT's (100, 200, 300 and 400m).

It's a bit of a long shot. Shooting past 200y requires the range to be shut down so getting the club to agree for free may be too much to ask but since it's 'rainy season' and V-day weekend I'm hoping they will be amicable to the idea. Again, I hope to get more data on the 21st.

I got my dates including Known Distance :woot:

As soon as I see them on the club calendar I'll submit the paperwork to RWVA to create the event bright sign up page. Feb 15/16 will be center fire only at full distances 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards. April 26/27 will be a 25y event.

Ben,

Any idea when the 2014 schedule will begin firming up? I sure would like to do another one, and maybe I'll actually get to do the entire weekend this time!

The dates I asked for were Feb 15/16 (Known Distance), Apr 26/27, June 21/22, Sept 20/21 and Nov 15/16. Mark (the XO) and I went through those dates last night and I got a signed host agreement and a verbal commitment that I could have all of those dates. Mark said he would get them on the club calendar before Thursday. As soon as I see them on the club calendar I'll submit the proper paperwork to RWVA.

So the concrete is poured but still curing :)

Oh, there is a rumor that a West side range will be having an event April 12/13. I don't know how firm that is but that's another date to put in the hopper.

The dates I asked for were Feb 15/16 (Known Distance), Apr 26/27, June 21/22, Sept 20/21 and Nov 15/16. Mark (the XO) and I went through those dates last night and I got a signed host agreement and a verbal commitment that I could have all of those dates. Mark said he would get them on the club calendar before Thursday. As soon as I see them on the club calendar I'll submit the proper paperwork to RWVA.

So the concrete is poured but still curing :)

I see the June, September and November dates have been posted on Appleseed's website and the NW Region Facebook page....

Yes, the KD event and April 26/27 are both on DRRC calendar but the 16th shows us as on the Dynamic Range so I'm waiting for confirmation from Mark that we will have the full range to shoot out to 400+ yards. The April 27th is running into a conflict with 3Gun. Turns out he needs both the Silhouette range and the Dynamic range so I've asked Mark to move our event to March 15/16.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top