JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,
Planning on going to my first Appleseed in Castle Rock, WA from 20-21 August, and was wondering about hotels. There don't seem to be many there, and I am sure they get booked up quickly.
Does anyone have a recommendation? I live about an hour and a half away, so driving there and back each day is a possibility, but would not be my preference.
Thanks a ton!
Chris

I swear I saw a link to three or four hotels with pricing 8 miles from the range on the appleseed project site. Darned if I can find it now. My googlefu is weak today.

Longview is only 15min away. I doubt finding a room will be hard. Finding a *nice* room might be a little more difficult :)

hacker,

Portland isn't as far as it seems. Last time I did a Castlerock shoot, I based out of Portland. It wasn't a hard drive at all.
Another option would be to camp on-site. It isn't a prepared campground or anything though. Just the owner's property, and he is good about granting permission for such, if you just email him.

-boj

Hmm...Thanks Kimber Custom, I hadn't thought of Longview, seems to be a few spots down there. Portland may be a bit farther than I want to go Bojo, but thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind. MarkAd, look forward to your recon report Sir!
Chris

Thanks to all the helpful folks who sent me links or made suggestions. I think I have enough ideas to find a place. As for making rifleman, well the Army thought I was teachable, and a decent enough shot, so I am feeling pretty good. That being said, I can't wait for the training, the chance to get better, and I have heard that the whole appleseed experience is great! I am really excited, and will post about my experience there for sure!
Chris

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads