Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Appleseed Castlerock Aug 20-21 hotels?

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by hackercat13, Apr 1, 2011.

1. hackercat13

hackercat13 Steilacoom, WA Active Member

Hey all,
    Planning on going to my first Appleseed in Castle Rock, WA from 20-21 August, and was wondering about hotels. There don't seem to be many there, and I am sure they get booked up quickly.
    Does anyone have a recommendation? I live about an hour and a half away, so driving there and back each day is a possibility, but would not be my preference.
    Thanks a ton!
    Chris

2. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I swear I saw a link to three or four hotels with pricing 8 miles from the range on the appleseed project site. Darned if I can find it now. My googlefu is weak today.

Longview is only 15min away. I doubt finding a room will be hard. Finding a *nice* room might be a little more difficult :)

3. Bojo

Bojo Skagit Member

hacker,

Portland isn't as far as it seems. Last time I did a Castlerock shoot, I based out of Portland. It wasn't a hard drive at all.
    Another option would be to camp on-site. It isn't a prepared campground or anything though. Just the owner's property, and he is good about granting permission for such, if you just email him.

-boj

4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I will be there in 2 weeks. I will recon the hotlas and post a report.

5. hackercat13

Hmm...Thanks Kimber Custom, I hadn't thought of Longview, seems to be a few spots down there. Portland may be a bit farther than I want to go Bojo, but thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind. MarkAd, look forward to your recon report Sir!
    Chris

6. GFO

GFO WaCo, Oregon Active Member

There is a Red Lion in Kelso right off exit 39, puts you about 10-12 miles to Castle Rock

7. gemini97424

gemini97424 Cottage Grove New Member

8. hackercat13

Thanks to all the helpful folks who sent me links or made suggestions. I think I have enough ideas to find a place. As for making rifleman, well the Army thought I was teachable, and a decent enough shot, so I am feeling pretty good. That being said, I can't wait for the training, the chance to get better, and I have heard that the whole appleseed experience is great! I am really excited, and will post about my experience there for sure!
    Chris

9. Tommy34

Tommy34 Kalama Washington New Member

I live in kalama and you would be better off getting a room in longview and driving the 10 miles to the range from there that time of year the mosquitoes from the lake will carry you off :paranoid::thumbup: