JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did one back in April. I highly recommend it. Perhaps the biggest take away for me, was learning the value of dry firing for practice.

It's put on by some great folks and is one of those things where you can get as much out as you're willing to put in.

I took 4 teenagers to one a year or so ago. It was wonderful. I will go again if they have one close to here. The shooting was great. We all learned a lot.

More that the shooting, I think we all got more out of the stories of the Revolutionary War. Those guys are great story tellers. We all left with a greater respect for our founding fathers.

Highly Recommended!

I took 4 teenagers to one a year or so ago. It was wonderful. I will go again if they have one close to here. The shooting was great. We all learned a lot.

More that the shooting, I think we all got more out of the stories of the Revolutionary War. Those guys are great story tellers. We all left with a greater respect for our founding fathers.

Highly Recommended!

Hello shooter.... I'm Wheeler44 and I'll tell ya an Appleseed story...

About 2 years ago my son was coming up on 16 yrs. old...I had taken him shooting about ...well...lemme see here.....Maybe 5 or 6 times..

He always said that he wanted me to teach him how to shoot..but for some reason (he is my son) he couldn't learn from me...So shooting was difficult for us....Finally one day he said " I don't even know why we have these guns..we never go shooting" ....Talk about breakin' a guys heart...

I had read about the Appleseed Project on a couple of different forums..so I visited their site at www.rwva.org and lo and behold, there was a shoot scheduled in Wenatchee only 5 hours away..in March ....So we signed up...

We drove out there and "Fred" the founder was the senior instructor for the event..He was assisted by a fella from Texas..

The first thing that I learned was "I ain't that good"..yup I sucked..plain and simple..

The next thing that I learned was "The kid ain't too bad".. he had some talent and with some "proper" coaching he was really coming along...

Along the way I learned about the "six steps to firing the shot" and NPOA and things like cadence and the riflemans bubble...and.....

I learned about the events of April 19, 1775 and the good men and women that found themselves on "Battle road" that day..

Towards the end of the weekend I asked how we might get an Appleseed closer to my house...Fred answered "all you have to is set it up"...It turns out that one of the instructors in training lived less than an hour away from me...I coerced him into building a range (The Castle Rock DAR (Dedicated Appleseed Range))..We scheduled an IBC (instructors boot camp) for the days preceding the shoot and the Project sent out a Master instructor to teach us how to teach and run an Appleseed...

Since then ..we have had a few shoots around the region and a fairly regular shoot at Castle Rock.. We were at Douglas ridge a couple of weeks ago..

We are always trying to find new places to shoot and hold Appleseeds...It takes time though, and volunteer resources are somewhat slim.....

OP I hope that you take the time to attend a shoot..It made a big difference in my life...It could make a big difference in yours as well..

W44

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads