JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back from my first Appleseed course up in Castle Rock, WA. Had someone recommend this to me a few months back, and decided to take my 10 year-old to give it a whirl. This was one of the best bonding activities I've found yet. Unfortunately we were only able to make it up for one day of the two day event, but it was absolutely worth the time and money. I've been shooting for a few decades, but today I realized that I've been doing a lot wrong for quite a long time.

Anyway, I'm giving this event 2 thumbs up, and would recommend it to anyone, regardless of experience level. Fantastic way to spend a Saturday!

You really need one rifle per person. It's encouraged that you use .22 LR with iron sights, however they allow scopes and several people had .223's. They make exceptions to allow anyone to participates that wants to.

At the shoot I was at last year, I started with an M1 Garand, but it was decided that I was chewing up the (privately owned) berm too severely, so I switched to .22. I would wager that .223 is OK if its OK with the range owner.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads