JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys, why are you hounding him about this? If carrying ANY gun is better than no gun, …

I certainly did not mean to hound anybody with the posts I've placed in this thread, and I apologize if that is the tone that came across. My goal is to help a fellow shooter. Perhaps putting it this way would be helpful ...

What would you tell a shooter who posted asking for help finding a holster that had a fast draw trigger cut out?

Would you give him recommendations as to where to find one? I would hope not!

It's current doctrine to have total coverage of the trigger in a modern holster. This "newer" standard for holsters came about from painfully (sometimes lethally) learned lessons stemming from ADs and self-shootings because the trigger finger was on the trigger far too early in the draw or retained on the trigger during holstering.

The responsible thing to do would be to educate the shooter so that they would move toward a safer holster and not be tempted by the dozens of beautiful but dangerous holsters that are awash on eBay.

An appendix carry while wearing suspenders is a very dangerous idea. I put it on par with the exposed trigger holsters. So, I'm going to do my best to explain this position in hopes the OP will give up on the idea before he hurts himself or someone else.

In an earlier post there was a statement to the effect that "having a gun is better than not having a gun". I'm going to disagree. If having a gun means in a stress situation there is a good (even remote) chance that the draw will be fouled or worse interfered with so as you drop the gun potentially handing it over to the bad actor then I hope this person does NOT carry.

Carrying is a right, but that does not remove the fact there is a responsibility to ourselves and others when we exercise that right. We should think through all that we can, and practice to high levels of competency (unconscious competence) so that if the dreaded time comes that we need to use lethal force, our adrenaline inhibited faculities will still be able to prevail and carry the day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top