JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you will have a tough time with any waist level holster if you don't wear a belt … unless you are carrying a micro weight gun. Even stout jeans waist band will sag under the weigh of the firearm and allow the gun to shift around and most likely tip outward causing printing and the muzzle pointing toward your body.

Additionally without a belt ensuring the holster is firmly attached to your person, having the holster stay in place as you draw is doubtful without something for the clip to really latch onto. You risk having the holster come up quite a ways as you draw (even staying on the gun in the worst case) interfering with a clean and timely presentation.

Reholstering without pointing at yourself would be an issue as well.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with the "buy a belt" comment, but check out Keepers Concealment, I seem to recall something in their line that was supposed to work without a belt for things like sweat pants or gym shorts. Good luck.

I'm not sure I understand how the lack of a belt affects the cost of the holster?

At any rate, "Ulticlip" might be the solution you're looking for as you should be able to replace most standard clips with an Ulticlip.

Note, that I have never used these so cannot personally vouch for how well they work...or don't. But a lot of folks recommend them so it's probably worth taking a look at.

Gunfighter keni chest holster would be an option, i know its not apendix carry but without a belt i dont think you going to find a holster that will hold a decent woods gun if your carrying it while logging.

Last Edited:
Concealed carry isn't meant to "Be Comfortable" it's meant to "Be Comforting"

Shoulder Holster, Chest Rig or wear a belt...IMO.
Wearing a belt with my climbing harness is uncomfortable, so I do not wear a belt at work. I'm not interested in being uncomfortable while at work suspended from a tree. Only weekends will I wear a belt, but I have errands and crap to after work where I want to conceal carry

Then put a proper belt / holster rig on after work. You take your harness off right? So make arming up part of your end of the work day routine.

Im not trying to be snarky here, nor is anyone else. We are passing on wisdom from experience. You are asking the impossible in my book.

To appendix carry with suspenders is plain crazy. Have you tried it? Suspenders will make it extremely difficult to cleanly clear your cover garments drastically interfering with your draw. You need to be a le to snap the cover garment up to armpit level in a flash. Any garment hanging down can spell disaster.

Then you have to ensure you snake you hand out, then over, then across and back to the grip to affect a draw. You have to ensure you get around the suspender strap. You can't just go straight to the gun otherwise you chance catching the suspender strap in your grip.

After that, if you get a proper firing grip on the gun you now need to present it cleanly and the strap will again be a potential problem here.

On top of those problems there is the aforementioned issue of holster shift and trouser sag when attaching a holster to just the top of the pant. This is going to happen with even a lightweight micro-compact (so if using one of these a pocket holster would be lightyears better) even more so with a larger gun or one that ups the weight because of magazine capacity.

There are way too many variables for this to make sense to me. Remember, fine motor skills go to crap when hit with high levels of sudden onset stress, such as a PD scenario.

If a holster like you desire were workable it would have been developed and marketed long ago.

Just my opinion on this one!

Cheers.

Guys, why are you hounding him about this? If carrying ANY gun is better than no gun, then how is trying to figure out a way that works FOR HIM not preferable to NOT carrying? I went back and looked at my suggestion of Keepers Concealment, I was right, they market an AIWB holster for those that don't wear a belt. Looks like it's only available for the smaller pistols, but see above about ANY gun... Just my 2 cents worth (if that...).

Guys, why are you hounding him about this? If carrying ANY gun is better than no gun, then how is trying to figure out a way that works FOR HIM not preferable to NOT carrying? I went back and looked at my suggestion of Keepers Concealment, I was right, they market an AIWB holster for those that don't wear a belt. Looks like it's only available for the smaller pistols, but see above about ANY gun... Just my 2 cents worth (if that...).
I didn't see any response as hounding. It's called experience and some are quite passionate about helping younger guys getting set up right. My two cents.

Okay, so maybe hounding wasn't the best choice of words. But the OP made it very clear what he was looking for and why, and yet, everyone kept telling him he was wrong, and to do it their way, i.e. get a belt. Most of us that conceal carry either alter our wardrobe to work, or figure out alternatives if that isn't an option. Sounds to me like the latter is what the OP was asking for ideas on, vs. opinions on how he SHOULD be carrying. Passion is all well and good, but it doesn't answer his question. Later.

No personal experience, but these are what came up with quick search

IT'S NOT A BELT :D

0000162_gun-mag-holster_625.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR