JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was denied a CHL in 2013 and did not appeal. I re- applied in 2017 and was denied again for the same reasons. I have a little more discretionary income and decided to hire a lawyer to appeal the denial. I was originally going to hire The Short Group, but their prices were out of my range. I settled on Mike Ramono and he charged a very economical retainer. We did not do so much trial prep, even though he wanted to. I just didn't have the time. Even though I did not provide him with a lot of resources he completely crushed the case and won. The win was based on existing case law, the CHL ORS statues, his impressive skills as a litigator. For anyone that is looking to get a CHL in Multnomah County after a denial, I highly recommend Mr. Ramono.

Well thank you for that [Free to you ] advertisement Mike Ramono. o_O

Lol. I am really (or I guess was) his client. I had trouble finding an attorney that was solid with firearms issues besides the Short Group, which also has an excellent reputation. I just wanted everyone to know that CHL denial appeals work, but if I had went at it without an attorney I probably would have been crushed by MCSO's lawyer. They came to court and really tried to win by being extremely negative about my past. I thought other people in the same situation would appreciate a recommendation to a lawyer that does good work and does not cost too much.

They denied me under the subjective subsection about having a reasonable suspicion based on two separate police reports that were unrelated. Mr. Ramono argued that they did not have reasonable grounds because no pattern was present and because they had not conducted any sort of background check other than finding two police reports and using them as a basis for issuing the denial.

They denied me under the subjective subsection about having a reasonable suspicion based on two separate police reports that were unrelated. Mr. Ramono argued that they did not have reasonable grounds because no pattern was present and because they had not conducted any sort of background check other than finding two police reports and using them as a basis for issuing the denial.

Does that mean you were named in police reports, but never convicted of anything?

Sorry, I don't mean to press. I just wonder how deep they go.

Let this sink in for a moment.

Whether you did something wrong, or not.... anyone.... anywhere.... can be arrested anytime.... for anything.... ANYONE.... ANYWHERE.... ANYTIME.... ANYTHING.

Convictions, or legally adjudicated "findings" are all that matter.

Sorry for the late reply. Officially I had no arrests or convictions, including no adjudications/ expungements/ sealed records as an adult. The initial denial was based on two reports that I was named in that showed me in an unfavorable light. The reports were unrelated, a year apart, and about 10 years old when I applied and was denied.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top