JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My grandson recently purchased a Springfield XDM .45, but only 15 rounds of ammo. I found some for him, HPs and ball before they all disappeared, but he only bought 90 rounds. Now he is bugging me again for more .45 ACP. I only have one 1911 and the ammo that I have is mostly Winchester 1911 HP and ball, which my gun likes, but was not cheap when I bought it years ago and probably irreplaceable now. I don't have a large enough stockpile that I feel comfortable giving him any. If it was 9mm, no problem.

I hope that he learns from this experience and stocks up when/if the shortage/run on ammo ends. He doesn't understand buying in bulk online, but maybe he will learn that also.

He did find a friend that had an extra box of 50.

I went to Bi Mart and Sportsman's in Orchards on Wednesday and neither had anything in handgun calibers. I literally have never seen Sportman's shelves that empty. I was able to buy a case from the Federal site direct for 9mm at 18.99 a box. Not great, Not terrible. But on the bright side, there is always 17 HMR available. ;)

I went to Bi Mart and Sportsman's in Orchards on Wednesday and neither had anything in handgun calibers. I literally have never seen Sportman's shelves that empty. I was able to buy a case from the Federal site direct for 9mm at 18.99 a box. Not great, Not terrible. But on the bright side, there is always 17 HMR available. ;)

Haven't looked in stores this blight.

Had in the last blight. Empty shelves.

No idea on the prior blights, however would guess similar emptiness.

Stopped by Northwest yesterday.

There was only one couple ahead of me and it still took 25 minutes to get in, guess people were dragging their butts in there, funny considering there wasn't much on the walls to buy. Really just wanted to see how the flow was.

I did learn that I have plenty of ammo stashed already, because that little voice wouldn't let me pay $15 for 50 rounds of 9mm.

There is some available online but the prices have skyrocketed. I'm glad I stocked up last year even though I had to move it all earlier this year.

I'd like to stock up on some .45ACP but I've got enough for now and can afford to wait until prices drop. Oh...no pun intended. :D

Any time I am out and glance at the guns section all I see is 12g and various hunting calibers.

Signs always say out of 9/40/45/556 etc etc etc. Its more exciting now to see whats out of stock in terms of guns/ammo to see what people are buying en mass.

Locally the stores, and shops around here have been dry, other than a few boxes of the premium hunting rounds. I was calling daily for over a month, I gave up on it. I was always a day too late. I have been buy in bulk online lately. Everytime I see I deal I'll jump on it. The waiting period for shipping sucks, but atleast I'm able to get ammo.

I haven't been shooting nearly as much not only because of the low avalibility, but also the high prices that are becoming the norm. I don't see this ending anytime soon. If you do find ammo, conserve some of it. You never know, it might get worse.

I want to get into Reloading 5.56/.223 and 9mm, I think thats the best option at this point.

Locally the stores, and shops around here have been dry, other than a few boxes of the premium hunting rounds. I was calling daily for over a month, I gave up on it. I was always a day too late. I have been buy in bulk online lately. Everytime I see I deal I'll jump on it. The waiting period for shipping sucks, but atleast I'm able to get ammo.

I haven't been shooting nearly as much not only because of the low avalibility, but also the high prices that are becoming the norm. I don't see this ending anytime soon. If you do find ammo, conserve some of it. You never know, it might get worse.

I want to get into Reloading 5.56/.223 and 9mm, I think thats the best option at this point.

If your seriously considering reloading, buy up components as you see them, if price is reasonable. To you.

Primers in particular.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top