JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What brand/style of 'loading gear' do you own that is now collecting dust?
Most of my stuff is Lee. Couple presses both a Turret and one standard. Use an RCBS measure. Digital Scale is made by some big name but can't remember which now, too lazy to go open the containers. Have one of the Midway Vibratory case cleaners. Dies for every caliber I own by Lee except for .25. As the only .25 I own is just a family pass down seldom shot. Keep some 5 gal buckets of supplies. Have told the kids a few times that when I shuffle off they would be wise to wait till another panic is going on to unload it all since none of them are interested in using it. Even if I ever do jump and buy one of those super nice auto deals I would still keep at least one manual press and dies in case I ever wanted to play with just a few rounds of something.

Question is will all the folks crying about availability and price have finally learned from history and stock up this time when the prices and availability return to normal??

Question is will all the folks crying about availability and price have finally learned from history and stock up this time when the prices and availability return to normal??
I don't know about them but I'm going to. I got caught flat footed on primers. I have literally everything else, and was just getting nervous about my last few thousand rounds of 9mm before the prices started slowly receding. Once I think they've hit bottom I'm going to give the UPS guy a hernia. :) And primers dang it, primers. Lots of those.

Nope.

People never learn.

I was just thinking yesterday about what ammo I should buy when the prices hit bottom. I was going thru the list of calibers in my mind (I was driving), then I thought, nope - I got enough of everything pretty much.

What I need are the accessories, optics/lights, trigger work, grips, sights, etc. - I ordered two OLight BaldrS light/lasers Monday - we'll see how well they work - kind been ok with OLight but I did have one flashlight arrive DOA.

Buying in quantities for my ammo business I'm kind of restricted in how much I can store. I'll just keep chugging along doing the best I can. What I am going to do is fill back up my personal ammo cans. I'd like to keep a 50 cal ammo can of ammo per caliber on hand. I'm not out of ammo by any means but some of them are getting down there. Particularly the more odd ball stuff I don't shoot as much of 44-40, 32 H&R Mag, 32-20 38-40 and the like..

Sure as hell nothing wrong with that. If I was not working so many hours I would I am sure roll some more. I have always enjoyed it but, it's not my favorite way to kill time and time is short now days. Just pulled another 13 day strait work stint and then finally got 7 off. No idea when I will be able to take another week off and no end in sight for the extra shifts. Its why I have been sorely tempted to buy one of those fully automated machines. Damn things are amazing to watch running.
I can reload 100 9mm in around 12 minutes, about the time it takes our coffee to brew. Hornady lock-n-load progressive. Time now includes decapping & priming, whereas I was doing such separately before...

The other step being brass prep, which I now do in mass, wet tumble a #10 coffee can load, then dry It on a lyman brass dryer.

Helpful ad ons for my process:

-Inline fabrication LED light.
-Mr Bullet feeder die & 3 tube sets.
-Lee universal Case feeder, modified (bolts rite on where the electric case feeder would).
-Franklin arsenal vibratory primer tube loader.

Works for me, no motors/clanking etc during the reload process. Pretty tranquil & easy enough to remain focussed.

Normally I don't bother reloading 9mm but subsonic 9mm is never all that cheap and I shoot a lot. I've still got about 10k of small rifle primers and a lot of that goes to 9mm. I really see no difference between small rifle and small pistol in a pcc.got another thousand 147 to lead this weekend.

Walmart in Tigard had about 5 boxes of Fed Auto Match on the shelf this morning. I passed on it at $18+ for a box of 325 rounds.
That's a great price. It's $32 on the Federal website. I just want to try a box or two, but can't find it anywhere in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Walmart's don't have anything around here anymore.

Some will, some won't.

I'd speculate that many of those who shoot a lot will learn quickly, but the guys who panic and buy just because it's not available probably won't. When the shelves are full and they can get whatever they want whenever they want it, everything will be hunky-dory until the next time they can't.

I remember standing in front of a table at a gun show a couple years ago. He had stacks of primers for $110/5k, as I recall. I briefly thought about buy a BUNCH, but didn't. I had the money, but didn't want to run afoul of fire code/storage laws.

I remember standing in front of a table at a gun show a couple years ago. He had stacks of primers for $110/5k, as I recall. I briefly thought about buy a BUNCH, but didn't. I had the money, but didn't want to run afoul of fire code/storage laws.
Primers, powder, projectiles, etc., are some of the things that I will be picking up when the prices get back to normal. I have some primers/powder, but not many projectiles and none in some calibers (e.g., 40).

But since I have so much ammo I am not too worried about it. I do not bulk reload (usually), I reload for special purposes - e.g., low power light hunting loads. Increasingly major manufacturers are making these special types of loads, such as subsonic, and low power loads, so there too I can buy instead of reload.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top