JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sportco in Fife, WA this morning, 38 or 40 cents per round (member/non-member) for brass cased 9 mm, no limits.

AE5FB835-12AA-47DD-BB1F-8EBCCD56BD48.jpeg

So where is the best place place to buy online right now? My usual go to's are still stupid expensive! Wideners, grabagun, crow shooting etc, all still really, really high!!! Where do you guys go?
I have not bought online in over a year. I have mostly been buying my ammo here from NWFA private sellers when they offer a decent deal, and there are still some decent offers, but I mostly have what I need (e.g., I have almost 1K rounds of 44 mag - about ten times what I will probably ever shoot - so I let any .44M offers pass).

I was lucky in that some people seem to be getting out of .40 S&W, so I got some decent deals on good SD ammo that way.

Beyond that, I can easily wait for prices to go back to relatively sane levels and then pick up some good deals when I see them online. Right now I am just waiting it out.

Well it's still not back to price it was but, my favorite is still SGAmmo. They seem to be getting a steady supply again now. Price looks to be about as good as it gets for now. BiMart, if you happen to have one does often beat their price. Of course the problem is when the ammo hits there at that price its soon gone.
Another who I watch, can't remember if I ever used them, Target Sports. One thing I like about them is they are still showing the price the ammo was going for before this last panic. So you can see what it was selling for to decide when it's low enough for your taste.
For me? if I get down to 1 case of 9mm which I use a LOT of I would buy another at the going rate, which is .40 a round before getting the gear out to roll it again. Have to remember that using 9 as it's a good bench mark, that .40 a round is still "high" but, just a couple months ago it was selling at $1 a round and it was gone in seconds.
I've had nothing but positive experiences with them and I've used them a lot.

Sherwood walmart had federal automatch and cci mini mags as of 10am this morning. Cabelas had Privi 223 at the bargain price of $20 for 20 rounds.
I should sell off that .308 FMJ that I bought a few years back. It groups 4" at 100 yards out of my rifle that shoots Federal at less than half that. :rolleyes: Probably still get a buck and a half a round.

Now if ammo ever gets to $10 or below again, I am buying pallets and storing them.
For 9mm? Yah, likely similar, for - GOOD 9MM. Along with bumping up on reloading components for such as well.

I'm reloading 9mm for ~.11/round. That's using pre-plandemic primers & powders, and current priced coated lead projectiles...

So a lesson learned for my future self, include projectiles into my bulk purchase scheme. When they are inexpensive again! Primers & powder stocking up are a no brainer. For me.

Really depends upon how much one shoots, and how much one wants to continue to enjoy doing so...

Smelting and such is also on my far future radar, again once / if pricing on such ever comes back.

I should sell off that .308 FMJ that I bought a few years back. It groups 4" at 100 yards out of my rifle that shoots Federal at less than half that. :rolleyes: Probably still get a buck and a half a round.
Dont think so! There plenty of Tula available now for less than .60/round and Boxer /Brass for
.85!

For 9mm? Yah, likely similar, for - GOOD 9MM. Along with bumping up on reloading components for such as well.

I'm reloading 9mm for ~.11/round. That's using pre-plandemic primers & powders, and current priced coated lead projectiles...

So a lesson learned for my future self, include projectiles into my bulk purchase scheme. When they are inexpensive again! Primers & powder stocking up are a no brainer. For me.

Really depends upon how much one shoots, and how much one wants to continue to enjoy doing so...

Smelting and such is also on my far future radar, again once / if pricing on such ever comes back.
When I first started rolling in the 70's I was casting my own too. It was interesting but, its dirty, and a lot of damn work. Like anything sure does not hurt to know how in case it ever comes down to "needing it". If you decide to try you can get some Lee stuff to get by for not very much. See if it's something you want to keep. That part of my rolling equipment I did sell off long ago. The damn slugs are of course the one component that is easy to keep as long as you don't have to move :D Boxes of bullets make great ballast for the bottom of the safe to make it harder to move. :D

Dont think so! There plenty of Tula available now for less than .60/round and Boxer /Brass for
.85!
That's pretty good, all things considered. Free shipping is really a plus. One downside is people not thinking and shooting this stuff in the forest this time of year. We're sitting in powder kegs in our forests this years with as dry as everything is.

It's a necessity that people shooting in the forest carry a couple gallons of water/fire extinguisher/shovel when their out in the woods.

Aloha, Beaverton, Tigard Bimarts got ammo shipments today. Tigard has the most and has all the most popular calibers. Tons of Winchester 9mm @ $16.79/ box. Enjoy.

20210802_162138.jpg

Looks like you either need a bigger motorcycle or perhaps a side car..

Nice pick -up OP.

I have had notifications pending at TargetSportsUSA for two brands of 9mm that I shoot. One came up on Friday and did not last a half an hour. Same thing today with the other one.

Curious if you were lucky and this was a one-off or if you are correct. Being the cautious sort, I think it is too early to celebrate readily available stock.
Same thing at my Bi-Mart here in Eugene. They had .22 shells last a couple of days last week.

Wow for 1000 of 9mm 147gr HST is more than a $1000 here.

View attachment 1003901
$900 here: https://www.recoilgunworks.com/handgun-ammo-9mm/browse/page/2

Which is not bad actually.

It will come down. RGW used to have PD tradein ammo for about 50% of retail pre-pandemic - IIRC.

10 x PD Trade Federal LE 40 S&W 180gr HST - P40HST1 (RG-PTI-P40HST1) = $179.50

So 37 cents per round if you include shipping.

Brownells in 2018 (WWB Bonded SXT style):

105-202-502WB (In Stock)
40 S&W 180gr JHP Bonded 50/Box
$21.99​
$18.99
2​
$37.98​

I can wait, I have about 2.5K rounds of SD 9x19 and 7K+ of .40, that will hold me until I can get in on another PD tradein sale.

Last Edited:
Coastal Farm has ammo at their new store in Corvallis. I'm not paying $17 for .17 HMR or 21 bucks for 9mm, but they have ammo and a lot of guns that don't interest me much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top