JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NRA telemarketers now have pre-written scripts to discuss and defend Wayne's wardrobe budget. How do I know this? When they call and request money, I tell them I won't donate until they get rid of Wayne and stop wasting money on his suits. Then, the telemarketers pull up their script and read off a message describing how he doesn't waste money on suits.

This tells me that a lot of people have been complaining about just this one issue. Otherwise, they wouldn't have pre-written scripts.

My local gun club requires NRA membership, but also gets insurance through the NRA and gets NRA grants for range improvements from time-to-time. I satisfy the membership requirement with a $10 associate membership. It's hard to find associate memberships on the NRA website, but it's there. I'm willing to eat the $10, because I want to support the club.

NRA telemarketers now have pre-written scripts to discuss and defend Wayne's wardrobe budget. How do I know this? When they call and request money, I tell them I won't donate until they get rid of Wayne and stop wasting money on his suits. Then, the telemarketers pull up their script and read off a message describing how he doesn't waste money on suits.

This tells me that a lot of people have been complaining about just this one issue. Otherwise, they wouldn't have pre-written scripts.

NRA has used lowest bidder vendors for decades so this is nothing new. But yes, I suspect this is a hot point causing them problems in more than one manner.

Wow that's really bad. Paying staff to uphold and defend the LaPierre personal gravy train. Those staffers should be paid to doneffective lobbying for 2A, fighting unjust gun laws, and getting kids into the sport. What you said tells the entire story of where NRA's priorities are in a nutshell! It's now all about defending the corrupt system they have built, and not about their mission.

Last Edited:
Since they just filed a lawsuit against 114 today, I'll give them a pass!
Saw that. They finally arrived at the party.

-E-

Saw that. They finally arrived at the party.

-E-
I got the same email. Made me wonder what exactly "backed" means. Did they pay for the lawyers or do they just support it - as in they're not against it?

. Way late in the game. They could have stopped this measure by getting the word out to more people. With no guarantees of winning. It could be tied up in courts for a long time. Now, they going to hit up every member to donate to this cause but I thought that donations we made in the past is for fighting for our gun rights. Regardless, they failed.

From what I have read the only thing keeping LaPierre out of jail for embezzlement and miss appropriation of funds is his $40 million worth of NRA lawyers. If he ever had the guts to step down he would go to jail.

What I find fascinating is that the board of directors is keeping him in office. Why would they do that? The only reason that makes sense is that they are getting something out of it! If LaPierre falls then a lot more skeletons will be falling out of the closet and a lot of mis-doings of the board will come to light. I.e. I think the whole top management of the organization is complicit and crooked.

What I read LaPierre is employs his niece without any real responsibilities and paying for private jets to tote her and her family around. Pure nepotism and criminal misappropriation of funds...then he committed perjury when lying about it under oath. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-free-yacht-nieces-wedding-NY-AG-claims.html

I know some active NRA members that really want to promote gun safety and gun education. The whole top management of the organization stinks of something really foul though!

Last Edited:
From what I have read the only thing keeping LaPierre out of jail for embezzlement and miss appropriation of funds is his $40 million worth of NRA lawyers. If he ever had the guts to step down he would go to jail.

What I find fascinating is that the board of directors is keeping him in office. Why would they do that? The only reason that makes sense is that they are getting something out of it! If LaPierre falls then a lot more skeletons will be falling out of the closet and a lot of mis-doings of the board will come to light. I.e. I think the whole top management of the organization is complicit and crooked.

What I read LaPierre is employs his niece without any real responsibilities and paying for private jets to tote her and her family around. Pure nepotism and criminal misappropriation of funds...then he committed perjury when lying about it under oath. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-free-yacht-nieces-wedding-NY-AG-claims.html

I know some active NRA members that really want to promote gun safety and gun education. The whole top management of the organization stinks of something really foul though!
As I have made clear in a few posts on this thread, I'm not a fan of Wayne either. However, that article from the NewYorker was created in tandem with The Trace which is basically a gun control group "creating the only team of journalists exclusively dedicated to reporting on our country's gun violence crisis" (per their website). They may be telling the truth, but they certainly have ulterior motives.

As I have made clear in a few posts on this thread, I'm not a fan of Wayne either. However, that article from the NewYorker was created in tandem with The Trace which is basically a gun control group "creating the only team of journalists exclusively dedicated to reporting on our country's gun violence crisis" (per their website). They may be telling the truth, but they certainly have ulterior motives.
You mean everything I read on the internet isn't true? And groups will bend the truth to suit their political objectives?

Yes, I agree that it may be yellow journalism. There is no way I will send them any money while LePierre is there though.

What I read LaPierre is employs his niece without any real responsibilities and paying for private jets to tote her and her family around. Pure nepotism and criminal misappropriation of funds...then he committed perjury when lying about it under oath
Wow, that smells an awful lot like the Big Guy and his crackhead kid with businesses in China and bogus jobs in Ukraine... 🤔
And we haven't even gotten to the part about committing perjury yet... :s0092:

The NRA has been AWOL for quite a while now. Think about this. WE DON'T HEAR ANTI-GUN PEOPLE RANTING AND RAILING AGAINST THE NRA ANYMORE. BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER TAKE NRA SERIOUSLY AS A THREAT. The NRA is washed up. They are just going through the motions, with the executives milking the goat for as long as they still can.

The NRA is already laying dead in the bottom of a smoking crater… it just doesn't know it yet.
Yes, it's effectively dead. But the top execs know it. Just not the fools who are still sending them money.

why would people on the Board of Directors who are supposed to be responsible for the organization not recognize that Wayne was a scammer?
Because they are complicit?

Once WLP goes away, the whole deal will finally collapse. When that happens, it will signal that there is insufficient money to be milked from the organization for him to remain.

It's a crying shame to see the NRA go down like this. BUT: The only thing unique about the situation is the size. Because all the time, we hear about various non- profit organizations that get taken by embezzlement from within. Boy Scouts, church organizations, PTA'S, animal rescue, and so on. One of the gun clubs I belong to suffered a big loss from a crooked treasurer. Non-profits are like magnets to crooks. These organizations are always looking for people to take on management functions, members of the board, etc. So when someone steps forward to take over bookkeeping or as treasurer, they welcome that person with open arms.

I am so bummed as to what the NRA has sunk to. But at least around here you cannot join a range etc without being a member of NRA due to insurance reasons.
It's unfortunate for us all they lost their way. Hope one day they can get back on track.
It is great to see them jumping into the fight in M114 here in Oregon. Definitely get some cred for that IF they see it thru.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top