JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But a fabulously well dressed idiot!
C'mon guys. @Stomper and I already covered the Italian shoes and Armani suits a couple of weeks ago in the NRA Oregonians for Freedom Committee thread. :s0013: 😄

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard/read someone say they've quit giving money to the NRA or let their membership lapse or "WLP has to go", I would have plenty of money to move to a free state. The NRA board members have to be in tune to that. Which tells us just how successfully entrenched Wayne has gotten himself. Emperor for life.

Ditto on not renewing my membership ... been several years now.
And where the # was the NRA when we needed to kill 114?
NRA was on vacation up here for I-594, I-1639 and SB 5078 as well.

GOA, SAF do all the heavy lifting these days.

I was still paying dues when we bought Wayne 20 grand worth of new suits and his Caribbean yachting vacations. That was the last straw for me.

It's too bad the big coup attempt a few years back didn't work -- and tragic that some of the more credible leaders (Oliver North among them) in the NRA were forced out.

I was surprised to notice that becoming a NRA member is still a requirement for some gun ranges / gun clubs near me if a person wants to join that group.
I've been told that that's an insurance thing, not politics.

There are other parts of the NRA that do a good job, involving all kinds of education and safety training, range development, management, and insurance, etc.. Apparently the range insurance is through an NRA program that needs to be members only, hence the NRA requirement.

That's what I was told anyway. If someone knows differently, please correct me.

Clark Rifles in Vancouver recently changed it's membership requirements from being an NRA member to being any of the below...

NRA – NRA/ILA, Gun Owners of America, or 2nd​ Amendment Foundation

I was surprised to notice that becoming a NRA member is still a requirement for some gun ranges / gun clubs near me if a person wants to join that group.

I've been told that that's an insurance thing, not politics.

There are other parts of the NRA that do a good job, involving all kinds of education and safety training, range development, management, and insurance, etc.. Apparently the range insurance is through an NRA program that needs to be members only, hence the NRA requirement.

That's what I was told anyway. If someone knows differently, please correct me.
Thats true. The easiest / cheapest route for range insurance is through the NRA.

Anyone heard of whether NRA is assisting to clean up the Measure 114 fiasco?
Seems that they should be funding the legal challenges big time.

Anyone heard of whether NRA is assisting to clean up the Measure 114 fiasco?
Seems that they should be funding the legal challenges big time.
Pfft! Yeah, right! Wayne needs a new yacht first...

Other than sending email notices to members telling them to vote "no" (preaching to the choir) and simultaneously asking for money (of course), if they did anything else to help stop Measure 114 it was definitely a stealth operation.

It really saddens ne that this is what the NRA has come to Im almost hoping the NY case gets WLP jailed just so we can get new leadership.

career-grifter-nra-fudd-wayne-lapierre-png.png
The FUDD of fudds.

Problems with Wayne LP go back at least to 2004. I discovered first hand that he was swindling members when I received a telemarketing call from the NRA requesting I purchase a book Wayne had written. The telemarketer promised that the book would be then become part of the collection of a local library due to a contractual relationship that the NRA claimed to have with a non-existent library organization. Since I had a M.S. in Library Science, had worked in libraries, I knew that no such organization existed and that what the telemarketer was telling me was utter B.S. I called the telemarketer out, and requested the telephone number and address for the non-existent library organization. The telemarketer then admitted that there was no such organization.

I described this scam on one of the gun forums and was roundly denounced by many people as being a liar.

If I could detect a scam on the basis of of the receipt of a telemarketing phone call, why would people on the Board of Directors who are supposed to be responsible for the organization not recognize that Wayne was a scammer? All I had was phone call, but they should have had access to financial records and board meeting notes. Wayne did his part to scam NRA members, but the people who were scammed were WILLING PARTICIPANTS because they wanted to believe the organization was working for them, and simply couldn't accept the notion that a scammer is running the organization for his own benefit.

Since NRA members and the Board of Directors were unwilling to clean house, now it is up to dedicated opponents of the 2nd Amendment to do the job because "we" made a decision to look the other way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top