JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering how to tell what the thread is for a flash hider?

The caliber is 6.8 SPC but unsure of the barrel actually on it. I assume since it is so close to a 7.62/308 it would be the 5/8-24 not the size for 5.56/223 at 1/2-28.

I also don't see markings on the barrel which might indicate the size, BUT I don't really know what I am looking for there.

I like the way you think but, so hasn't worked for ammo. Was having a hard time finding 6.8 but 7.62 ALL over the place. I was like, BUT look, I can get ammo and it is pretty reasonable. I just need the gun to go with it. Still not working ;(

That wouldn't usually be marked on a barrel. 5/8x24 is the norm. If you wanted to verify, measure the major diameter (OD) of the threads.
TBAC_Centerfire_Rifle_Thread_Guide.jpg

Measure it. If you don't have measuring tools, go to your hardware store and pick up a nut for both thread sizes. See which one fits.

Oh, and buy some measuring tools while you're there.

Buy both thread sizes, and use the one that fits. Then you have a substantial reason to buy another gun -- "I had this abandoned flash hider that needed a home." :s0151:
Wow! I have a number of holsters that have no guns to go with them....

Buy both thread sizes, and use the one that fits. Then you have a substantial reason to buy another gun -- "I had this abandoned flash hider that needed a home." :s0151:
thats like when i find a pile of brass on the ground in a caliber i dont have yet…welp, better build a gun that it fits…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top