JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found a new cutlery shop in Vancouver, Apogee Knife Gallery.
I went looking for some kitchen knives. A few years back,
Ken Onion put out his "Shun" knives. I liked them but they were out of my range. Now that I have the resources, the line was discontinued. Apogee advertised they sell refurbished blades so I thought I'd give them a shot. Turns out they had 2 prototypes on the wall. The chef knife I wanted and another I didn't know existed. The shop owner broke out a cutting board and a carrot to try them out on. I thought they were fine, but they weren't good enough for the owner who took them in back and honed them to " Holy cow!"
I ended up buying 4 kitchen knives plus a new folder. The owner threw in a new knife block as well!
The best part was I found my Shun knives at a super price. $50 for the chef knife and $30 for the Santility knife.
Apogee has a good selection of folders
Hogue, Benchmade, CRKT and others. I saw a variety of fixed blade knives in a display case as well, but didn't check them out as I was reveling in finding those kitchen knives.
Check out Apogee on Hwy 99

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads