JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found a new cutlery shop in Vancouver, Apogee Knife Gallery.
I went looking for some kitchen knives. A few years back,
Ken Onion put out his "Shun" knives. I liked them but they were out of my range. Now that I have the resources, the line was discontinued. Apogee advertised they sell refurbished blades so I thought I'd give them a shot. Turns out they had 2 prototypes on the wall. The chef knife I wanted and another I didn't know existed. The shop owner broke out a cutting board and a carrot to try them out on. I thought they were fine, but they weren't good enough for the owner who took them in back and honed them to " Holy cow!"
I ended up buying 4 kitchen knives plus a new folder. The owner threw in a new knife block as well!
The best part was I found my Shun knives at a super price. $50 for the chef knife and $30 for the Santility knife.
Apogee has a good selection of folders
Hogue, Benchmade, CRKT and others. I saw a variety of fixed blade knives in a display case as well, but didn't check them out as I was reveling in finding those kitchen knives.
Check out Apogee on Hwy 99

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads