JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, are any of you military history buffs watching Apocalypse: WW1 on the American Heros Channel? Just started two weeks ago coinciding with the 100th anniversary of "The War ToEnd All Wars". I'm really enjoying it. Learning a lot of new facts and figures, a ton of footage I haven't seen before and a lot of the gruesome is in full color! Great stuff!

It amazes me watching the footage of war. It's unfathomable. Even with the advances in military warfare and clothing, weapons, aircraft, etc we have come so far from the trenches, but the burden of those who see war is still more than any human should have to bare.

WW-1 was particularly horrible. 19th century tactics with 20th century weapons. You just can't charge enough infantry to envelop prepared machine gun positions, especially in the face of modern Artillary! I'm so glad that I wasn't born around 1888!

I have it but it seems each time i flip to it its playing something to do with aliens. screen-shot-2013-06-06-at-9-27-06-pm.png

I read somewhere that 1-3 soldiers in the German army were sick and it was a huge part of why they failed in that last big offensive. Funny how a little bug could have changed the world.

Well to remember that outbreak. Something akin could happen again! The 1918-1919 flu killed an estimated 20-40 million people.

Watched film of the Germans first use of flame throwers at Verdun. The French were in an open field running in circles (literally) while the German storm troopers burned them down. It appeared that the French had abandoned their rifles. Brutal!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top