JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok M&P folks just a curious question. Does the Apex tigger make that much difference. Also I've read the a really solid trigger job make a big improvement on the M&P triggers. Ive heard the trigger jobs is polishing and cleaning up the trigger components. Thank you.

Well the reason I asked was I shot my M&P side by side with the Gen5 19 and preferred the 19 trigger over my 2.0 compact 9 trigger. The Glock was or just seemed much more positive and solid.

I have installed apex kits and triggers in my m&p pistols. For me it is a big improvement over stock especially the reset and just plain feel of it. I also installed a flat trigger. It adds to the cost but I personally think its worth it in the end.

Just my opinion: TOTALLY worth it.

I have Apex triggers on both my original M&P and my 2.0. The original FSS trigger is a bit too light IMO, but the Apex flat faced trigger on my 2.0 is my favorite trigger on any firearm I own. Ultra short take-up, light and crisp break, and ultra short and positive reset. I desperately wish they made it for Springfield XDm.

Just my opinion: TOTALLY worth it.

I have Apex triggers on both my original M&P and my 2.0. The original FSS trigger is a bit too light IMO, but the Apex flat faced trigger on my 2.0 is my favorite trigger on any firearm I own. Ultra short take-up, light and crisp break, and ultra short and positive reset. I desperately wish they made it for Springfield XDm.
That's what I preferred about the Gen5 19 trigger the positive solid reset. I just felt like I was very unsure when the trigger was going to break on my 1,0 FS 1.0 Shield and 2.0 Compact.

I'm a huge fan. I've got a couple of Gen 1 M&P's (9 and 45) and they're both running the same Flat Faced Trigger w/Forward Set Sear.

The flat triggers alone are a huge improvement over the original hinged/curved. But I'm also a pretty big fan of flat triggers in general.

The Gen 2 triggers were much better than the Gen 1 triggers and fairly shootable. But they still had the hinged design and an Apex still makes it better IMO.

Note that the new optic ready M&P's that Smith & Wesson just released, ditched the hinged trigger and are sporting a much flatter trigger with a more traditional dongle. I think these are the triggers from the Shield Plus but don't quote me on that. Anyway, I haven't shot those yet so no idea how they shoot.

I'm a huge fan. I've got a couple of Gen 1 M&P's (9 and 45) and they're both running the same Flat Faced Trigger w/Forward Set Sear.

The flat triggers alone are a huge improvement over the original hinged/curved. But I'm also a pretty big fan of flat triggers in general.

The Gen 2 triggers were much better than the Gen 1 triggers and fairly shootable. But they still had the hinged design and an Apex still makes it better IMO.

Note that the new optic ready M&P's that Smith & Wesson just released, ditched the hinged trigger and are sporting a much flatter trigger with a more traditional dongle. I think these are the triggers from the Shield Plus but don't quote me on that. Anyway, I haven't shot those yet so no idea how they shoot.
I'd like to know if it's going to be possible to upgrade all M&P's with the new trigger. I forgot to say in my OP. I'll admit I've not shoot any of my M&P's enough to get familiar with the triggers. But I also would not have thought I'd like the trigger that much better on the Gen5 19. That's the first 29 I've ever shot. Though I prefer the ergo of the M&P more. The Gen5 was very comfortable in my hand. I did own a Glock Gen4 22 8 years ago. And didn't really care for it. Only ran about 100rds through it.

Apex seems to be very well liked by M&P people.
In Glock World other designs are favored.

Each aftermarket trigger design is a different engineering challenge.
Some hits, some misses.

Made a huge difference in my wifes M&P 2.0. Came with the worst trigger I've ever felt. The apex trigger is night and day difference over the stock trigger. Only thing I dont like about it is my finger naturally wants to sit super low on the trigger and as I'm letting the trigger out after firing my finger rubs the trigger guard and kinda pinches between the guard and trigger.

I put a hyve trigger in my shield and it in my opinion is damn near on par with the apex as far as smoothness, break and reset. Plus my finger doesn't get pinched with it. They don't make the hyve trigger for the full size m&p's though I dont think.

Made a huge difference in my wifes M&P 2.0. Came with the worst trigger I've ever felt. The apex trigger is night and day difference over the stock trigger. Only thing I dont like about it is my finger naturally wants to sit super low on the trigger and as I'm letting the trigger out after firing my finger rubs the trigger guard and kinda pinches between the guard and trigger.

I put a hyve trigger in my shield and it in my opinion is damn near on par with the apex as far as smoothness, break and reset. Plus my finger doesn't get pinched with it. They don't make the hyve trigger for the full size m&p's though I dont think.
My only hesitation is I've heard it's best to leave any carry gun stock at far a trigger.

For a M&P YES!
Only now on my performance center Shield Plus is the trigger even in the same league, but 80% as good. I'm even considering swapping it out for an Apex.

When the prosecutor asks you at your trial why you upgraded your trigger on your carry gun, whats the best answer to give?
It came that way from the factory sir. This is why my current concealed carry is a Walther PPQ. Phenomenal factory trigger out of the box!

My only hesitation is I've heard it's best to leave any carry gun stock at far a trigger.
How many people put night sights on a pistol? Is that so we can all shoot people in the dark? Whats the difference between adding sights and adding a different trigger. Id like to see someone post 1 case of self defense that was lost solely because the person had put an aftermarket trigger in their pistol. I haven't seen it and I've threw that challenge out there a few times. If your worried about it dont do it but I seriously doubt it'd make a lick of difference. The most important thing now days is what color are you and what color is the person you shot. Unfortunately that's where we're at right now.

Maybe it's all relative, starting with how griped you are about the stock trigger. I have to say it was worth it to me. Admittedly, I don't know beans about triggers, but the one on my gen 1 M&P Shield just didn't feel right to me. I had an Apex trigger installed and that felt a heckuva lot better . . . and I grouped better, too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top