JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New here, moving up to Washington but not sure where, id like to be on a city outside of Seattle that is realistic in price and not too bad an area. I know the price will likely dictate the quality of people I will be getting as neighbors but I just don't want to be around places with bars on the windows ya know?

Curious if anyone had an idea? For instance when I lived in Texas the nicer area was on the Northwest side of San Antonio and they had a fantastic medical center. I was hoping to find something like that up there that isn't outrageously expensive and downtown seattle.

So does anyone have any suggestions? House got listed and sold same day so it was a bit surprising and im kind of flying by the seat of my pants but any recommendations of cities/towns to check out would be very much appreciated.

Also, do you guys have a thread like Calguns that gives you the basic understanding of gun laws? I know you guys have CCW's, don't think any mag restrictions right?... Anything like a "Safe handgun list" like down here in Komiefornia? trying to move closer to family right now since im looking at possibly 4 surgeries within the coming year and recovery time is pretty scattered depending on which ones are done in which order.

Thanks! Can't wait to just get out of Komiefornia. I fight the anti's, raffle firearms to raise money, go to all the gatherings and trying to help CA out and save at least whats left of our rights and get Feinstine and Kamala Harris out of there. Heck, basically all politicaians in this state haha. I will keep up the fight but im going to move near family and enjoy at least more rights. I assume its not as "Free" as say Montana or Utah but its closer to CA but looks like not too far gone to fight back and save it.

Look forward to a new view, Very tired of the brown, crazy dry and always fire watch place like ive been my entire life haha.

SW WA is very nice and has 2 hospitals working a few min plus OHSU is a great place for specialty physicians (in Portland).

Plus it's about 30% cheaper to live here then anywhere near Seattle - it's about 2.5 hours to DT Seattle from here.

Where is your family, maybe they would be able to help with ideas having lived in the area. I like the peninsula on the NW side but it can be a long drive into Seattle or a $75 ferry trip across the water.

Only restrictions on guns in WA is NO full auto anything, even with a stamp. SBR's, SBS's, silencers and unlimited mag capacities (for now) are all ok.

Welcome to WA and the forum!

Hey Joe13. We live in Issaqquah [east Seattle]. Swedish Medical Center is just down the road from here. Our apartment price is less than $1700/month. Best we could find anywhere around where we needed to live. It could be a place to start looking especially if you need to be up here.
Best Wishes.

Hey Joe13. We live in Issaqquah [east Seattle]. Swedish Medical Center is just down the road from here. Our apartment price is less than $1700/month. Best we could find anywhere around where we needed to live. It could be a place to start looking especially if you need to be up here.
Best Wishes.
Thank you both its exactly the information i was looking for.

Appreciate it greatly! STI, here i come

I relocated from the PRC myself a few months ago. You will love it here, and it is so satisfying removing the bullet buttons and escaping the moronic handgun roster. All of my firearms purchases up here thus far have been stuff that was almost unobtainable down south. My only issue with living here is that I feel like a kid in a candy store everytime I go to the gun shop and could spend way way to much money on toys.

So im going to be gun poor? LOL

I relocated from the PRC myself a few months ago. You will love it here, and it is so satisfying removing the bullet buttons and escaping the moronic handgun roster. All of my firearms purchases up here thus far have been stuff that was almost unobtainable down south. My only issue with living here is that I feel like a kid in a candy store everytime I go to the gun shop and could spend way way to much money on toys.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top