JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want an AOW like this:
400px-Remington_SBS.jpg
in Wa, you can only have an AOW, and no SBS or SBR...

an AOW has to never have had a stock, and I cant find a SxS shotgun with no stock from the factory. so the only ones I see like this online are a SBS and not an AOW.

Here is my question, If I cut the receiver, and reweld it and never install a stock, file a form 1??, get aproved, pay my stamp ($200) and make it an AOW, would this be legal?

Your question would be one best answered by the BATF/WA government themselves...Better to get a letter straight from the horses mouth if someone decides what you've done is illegal.

Just doing a quick google search, it appears the only known shotgun that came in a side by side AOW configuration was this:

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle1997/le970315-03.html

Probably going to be pretty hard to find, and possibly more expensive than the move to an SBS friendly state :p

Old ish post but.

At the Cabela's in Lacy they had a pistol SXS in I think .410 or 45lc

My brother-in-law saw it also and nether he or I could remember cost or gage may have
been 20 gage he thought.

Last Edited:
I was just handling a handgun last week that was a .410. Similar to a single hammer derringer, but instead stacked barrels they were side by side. It only had about 1/2" of barrel past the chamber. He doesn't want to shoot it, but told me that I could borrow it at any time. (I think he wants me to buy it from him):s0155:

You had me re-reading the regulation, an lo and behold, there it was. Bummer. I was kind of dreaming of making a Serbu shorty myself. Now I guess it'll be cheaper to just buy one. Darn! It is a much more fun doing it myself. :s0058:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top