JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
50 BMG makes little sense, and yes it would be more practical to get a 30-06. But I continue to be tempted by a 50 BMG, especially because standard issue ammo is $2.30 a round right now, as opposed to $5. If, however, I would have to drive five hours just to fire it, that fact might bump wisdom back into the driver's seat and cause this conception to vanish.

If you know of a good forest spot with a solid backstop and want to PM me, I promise I do not leave trash behind.

50 BMG makes little sense, and yes it would be more practical to get a 30-06. But I continue to be tempted by a 50 BMG, especially because standard issue ammo is $2.30 a round right now, as opposed to $5. If, however, I would have to drive five hours just to fire it, that fact might bump wisdom back into the driver's seat and cause this conception to vanish...

Owning & shooting a .50 BMG would surely be neat! However going over any practical uses for such, Ive ruled it out. For us.

Thinking on distance, I've come to think that .308 is fine, again for us.

Whence that is fully satisfying, or mayhaps to try out something further challenging, I'm thinking .300 Win Mag may be the ticket. But that'd be a ways down the road from now.

.338 Lapua Mag is up there with .50BMg. For us.

Surely would be neat-o! But would be way under utilized vs expense & time to find safe spots & then practicality & all that.

Owning & shooting a .50 BMG would surely be neat! However going over any practical uses for such, Ive ruled it out. For us.

Thinking on distance, I've come to think that .308 is fine, again for us.

Whence that is fully satisfying, or mayhaps to try out something further challenging, I'm thinking .300 Win Mag may be the ticket. But that'd be a ways down the road from now.

.338 Lapua Mag is up there with .50BMg. For us.

Surely would be neat-o! But would be way under utilized vs expense & time to find safe spots & then practicality & all that.

For "us"? Who all is in there with you? Name yourself! Unclean spirit!

He has mouse in pocket....:s0140::s0140::s0140:

Mr Jingles could likely shoot better than some in our family...

5854E612-5AAB-4B16-84D9-0B3834DAA4D5.jpeg

A 50 bmg is just plain fun to shoot. Take the drive out to the Upper Nisqually Sportsmen Club and see what it,s like. Be there a little early. Give me a call if your,e coming. 253 973 9047

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top